“Best holiday inn I've ever stayed at!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Baton Rouge

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Best holiday inn I've ever stayed at!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I travel 40-45 weeks ever year on the road! This is by far the best holiday inn or hotel in general I've stayed at! This is a first class facility with all the amenities!! There gym is unbelievable, I workout 5days a week and this has everything I need for my powerlifting and training! They as well have a tremendous restaurant located on site with a free breakfast buffet in the morning!! Look no further when booking a hotel in the area!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your comments! It is so important to have a fitness center that can help guests to not miss their work out routine, just as if they are at home! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you choose us each and every time you are in Baton Rouge!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is right along the interstate so it's great stopping place for travelers. The price was great only $89. Includes a pool and a very good gym, with everything you could want even free-weights. All the common areas and rooms were very clean, looks newly remodeled. Some areas of the hotel allow pets . There is a great sports bar attached and the food was good, they serve until 10:00 pm, so once we checked in we did not have to go back out for dinner. But there are several great restaurants within walking distance including Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Terri E
We hope to see you the next time you are passing through Baton Rouge!!
Chappell Hill, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Looks new but some renovation is in progress, so they're trying to keep it looking good. Small pillows mentioned in other posts are still there at this time. The thickness is fine, they're just throw pillow size. Thebrooms aremlarge and the beds comfortable. Breakfast includes real eggs, bacon and sausage with table service. The usual cold cereal, etc. is available as well.

A two way service road makes this hotel easy to get to/from.  Microwave, fridge and good WIFI add to the normal complement of amenities in the room.

Our party had three rooms here and everyone was happy with their stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rexaboyd
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all three of your rooms. Your feed back means everything to us!
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I was very surprised since it's a Holiday Inn. I'm not a usual patron of the Holiday Inn or similar style hotel, but this one appears new(er) and is very well maintained. The front desk staff were very friendly. They charge a nominal, very reasonable pet fee as we were traveling with a small dog. I recommend this hotel to travelers because it has easy freeway access to the I-10 and is close to gas stations, coffee and a grocery store. We filled up the gas tank, caffeinated ourselves and purchased some healthy snacks for the trip to the next destination on our cross-country trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for choosing Holiday Inn! We know it is a choice and hope to have you stay with us in the future!!
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Their are a couple of problems though. The pillows are the size of postage stamps even on my king size bed. There is only 1 luggage cart and no one to help you. I went alone and was not aware of the shuttle or I would definitely have wanted to take advantage of that instead of paying to park and driving alone to Tiger Stadium. The breakfast buffet is okay not much selection but decent food. It is right on the interstate so ask for a room in the back. Mine was right behind the elevator and I thought that would be a problem but it was only noisy in the bathroom. The staff however leaves a lot to be desired. I asked for a luggage cart when I got ready to check out and was told by I think his name was Anwar that there was only one. He really didn't seem interested at all in me having to make 3 trips to get all my stuff out and I even dropped my alcohol as I walked through the door which I know he heard but never even attempted to help me pick up my belongings. I just dropped everything and started coming back picking up more things that were just lying there. When I went to give him my room card I said something about the luggage cart and I don't know if he understood me but he just said being used. When I checked in I asked for the best way to get to Tiger Stadium and was nonchalantly told to just follow the road. Now I am an Honors member and I travel quite a bit to concerts and usually the staff at places that I stay goes out of their way especially if you see that person is traveling by themselves to help. I had even called earlier in the morning and told them if they needed my double room to give it to someone because I was coming alone. Don't think I'll be staying here next year unless somethings change.

Room Tip: Get one in the back and bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Victorville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Clean. Lovely property. Nice rooms. Accommodating and welcoming staff. I traveled with 3 dogs (one a very large Doberman) and my two boys. My oldest has autism. The staff were very helpful when they saw I could use some assistance. This was a wonderful place to stay on our cross country road trip. We will stay here again this summer. I recommend it for everyone. Dog lovers and families alike! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are glad to hear that you, your family and your dogs enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to your return this summer!!!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've stayed in a number of hotels in Baton Rouge over eight years of working with a client there. This was the best experience I've had.
I requested a room away from noise and got it. The breakfast buffet is quite adequate with attentive staff. Cleanliness is top notch. I got a quick and convenient check in and out. In-room fridge and microwave. The exercise facility is quite good. Well-lit parking. It sits on BR's "hotel row" off College.
I didn't eat in the sports bar. Had some noise from other guests in the hallway.
What's not to like? Room rates were in line with the competition even on a relatively short-notice booking. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south end of the hotel will be quieter since you're away from I-10.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your review! We look forward to your next stay! Please stop by and introduce yourself to the staff the next time you check in. Travel safely!!