“Bring your own pillow have rolling luggage and don't pay for parking at Tiger Stadium because there is a shuttle”

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #3 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a nice hotel. Their are a couple of problems though. The pillows are the size of postage stamps even on my king size bed. There is only 1 luggage cart and no one to help you. I went alone and was not aware of the shuttle or I would definitely have wanted to take advantage of that instead of paying to park and driving alone to Tiger Stadium. The breakfast buffet is okay not much selection but decent food. It is right on the interstate so ask for a room in the back. Mine was right behind the elevator and I thought that would be a problem but it was only noisy in the bathroom. The staff however leaves a lot to be desired. I asked for a luggage cart when I got ready to check out and was told by I think his name was Anwar that there was only one. He really didn't seem interested at all in me having to make 3 trips to get all my stuff out and I even dropped my alcohol as I walked through the door which I know he heard but never even attempted to help me pick up my belongings. I just dropped everything and started coming back picking up more things that were just lying there. When I went to give him my room card I said something about the luggage cart and I don't know if he understood me but he just said being used. When I checked in I asked for the best way to get to Tiger Stadium and was nonchalantly told to just follow the road. Now I am an Honors member and I travel quite a bit to concerts and usually the staff at places that I stay goes out of their way especially if you see that person is traveling by themselves to help. I had even called earlier in the morning and told them if they needed my double room to give it to someone because I was coming alone. Don't think I'll be staying here next year unless somethings change.

Room Tip: Get one in the back and bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Victorville, California
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Clean. Lovely property. Nice rooms. Accommodating and welcoming staff. I traveled with 3 dogs (one a very large Doberman) and my two boys. My oldest has autism. The staff were very helpful when they saw I could use some assistance. This was a wonderful place to stay on our cross country road trip. We will stay here again this summer. I recommend it for everyone. Dog lovers and families alike! :)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
We are glad to hear that you, your family and your dogs enjoyed staying with us. We look forward to your return this summer!!!
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've stayed in a number of hotels in Baton Rouge over eight years of working with a client there. This was the best experience I've had.
I requested a room away from noise and got it. The breakfast buffet is quite adequate with attentive staff. Cleanliness is top notch. I got a quick and convenient check in and out. In-room fridge and microwave. The exercise facility is quite good. Well-lit parking. It sits on BR's "hotel row" off College.
I didn't eat in the sports bar. Had some noise from other guests in the hallway.
What's not to like? Room rates were in line with the competition even on a relatively short-notice booking. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south end of the hotel will be quieter since you're away from I-10.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Oh my goodness, thank you so much for your review! We look forward to your next stay! Please stop by and introduce yourself to the staff the next time you check in. Travel safely!!
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Great service and facility. Top level service from beginning of stay to end. Would definitely recommend and return in the future. The only complaint I have is the little pillows. I hate the little small square pillow trend, and hope they return to full size pillows, so I can rate this hotel as perfect.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your likes of the hotel and the dislike of the pillows. It was a standard of Holiday Inn that we have those specific pillows but thanks to people like you who have shared their opinion of them we have been able to have that standard changed. By the end of the year we will all have new pillows and they will not be so small! Thanks so much and we look forward to having you again!!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

We came in for a short visit with our college kids. The bed is super, room very clean & staff very friendly. Would definitely stay again! Lobby staff were very informative & felt safe parking my car. Great location.

• Stayed April 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We look forward to having you again! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay experience! We really appreciate it!!
Rancho San Diego, California, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I went with friends for a convention. The rooms are clean all have a refrigerator. the staff is friendly and free breakfast too. I enjoyed the location close to stores & outlets. I had a really good time and was surprised how nice a hotel it was for a Holiday inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Stephanie, thank you for visiting us all the way from Rancho San Diego!!! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay while attending a convention here. If you travel this way again in the future we look forward to having you stay with us!
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The Holiday Inn at College Street resides on a road next to the interstate. It is one of many hotels along the road. In our reservation, we requested a quiet room away from road noise and were accomodated with a room at the far end of the hotel away from the interstate. Except for some noisy college students in the hallway at midnight the first night, we enjoyed a pleasant and quiet stay. The hotel is clean, attractive, and neat. The staff is courteous and professional.

Our king room was spacious and attractive. The comfortable bed was made with good linens. The large TV provided good viewing. The internet access was complimentary, but it was problematic as it kept dropping the connection. A call down to the front desk found no solution to the problem. The refrigerator and microwave were handy for an easy meal in the room. The bath was very clean with good quality towels, soaps, and shampoos. The shower is glass enclosed.

Each morning, we were provided a very good complimentary buffet breakfast by an exceptionally friendly staff. Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits, gravy, and grits were available in nice serving dishes. Cold cereals, bread, and muffins were also available. Coffee is complimentary, but juice is extra.

The bill was under the door on our third morning, and I checked to be sure that the correct rate was charged for each day. I expected to see taxes and did not notice the surcharge for $4.95 each day until I just now read a recent review about it. I wish I had noticed it at the time because I would certainly have challenged it at checkout. Guess my daily rate was not as good as I thought since the cost was really five dollars a day more. Live and learn -- I'll check all of our future hotel bills more closely.

Did we enjoy our stay? Yes. Would we return? Certainly. As long as the hotel is maintained at its current level, it is a good location and accomodation for visiting Baton Rouge.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
So glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and would return. The next time you are coming through town please don't hesitate to contact me directly for reservations. Take care and I look forward to having you as a guest the next time you are in town!