“Nice stay”

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was my first stay at this property and would stay again. The location was good for our purposes. It is on a service road right off I 10. The lobby was very nice and the gym which is across from the front desk had some nice newer equipment. My room was on the 3rd floor and I could hear highway noise at times but it was not enough to keep me up. I would recommend rooms away from the elevator to help reduce noise as the elevator announces "doors closing". The room was nice. I reserved a king room but none we were ready upon arrival so I took a two double room. The room had the nice touch of a ceiling fan in it. The rooms also have mini fridges and microwaves. My friends had a king room and those rooms have walk in showers in lieu of tubs as they double rooms have. The staff were friendly. A free breakfast buffet which was not that great is included at the attached sports grille. The breakfast consisted of eggs, grits (cold), sausage patties (very salty), cereals, toast and coffee. We skipped the free breakfast the 2nd morning.

Room Tip: You might want to be away from elevator and more in the middle not to close to the highway.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We would like to thank you for staying with us and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really liked this hotel. Great location, very clean, modern decor, quiet, and attentive staff. I had some on-going issues that should have been taken care of. I was staying 5 nights and there was plenty if time. The coffe pot was broken and I requested it be replaced. By the 3rd day, I gave up after reporting it 3 times, I had to trade it with a non-coffee drinking colleague. Each evening, I had to go downstairs and get new keys, as they would not work. The desk staff had to reissue each evening after I had trekked to the 6th floor and couldn't get in. Really....5 nights! Well, I retract my last statement. It was 4 nights because the maids left my door open all day! That was totally unacceptable. I really wanted to like this hotel. I just find it hard to believe that the staff were so accommodating, but did nothing to rectify these problems. I did get a message the day before I checked out to get my permission to work on the lock. I didn't get it until that evening and I was checking out the next morning, so it was pointless.

• Stayed: February 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

I am so glad that you liked the hotel and apologize for the issues you had. That is certainly not the norm for us and I do hope if you come through Baton Rouge again that you stay with us. Feel free to call me directly and we look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us soon.

Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We went to that hotel last week because the hotel prices in New Orleans were un-believable, so we drive to Baton Rouge to stay in that great hotel.

It was the week before Mardi grace and a 3 star hotel was about $400

And thanks for Hotwire.com that have us that $80 great deal

• Stayed: February 2013
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

From the check in to the house keeping to the waiters and hostes in the restaurant, the staff of this hotel exceeded expectations. Friendly, responding to questions and requests and remembering our names, they modeled how 1st rate customer service is done. The property and the rooms are well furnished and very well maintained. Finally, the full breakfast only adds to this hotel ranking as one of my best overall experiences and a hotel I would both recommend to friends and family but one I would stay at again without any hesitation.

Morris Price
Denver, CO

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Morris P
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Thank you so much Mr. Price! We look forward to seeing you the next time you come to Baton Rouge!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

After leaving the craziness of Bourbon Street we desperately needed a nice quiet place to stay. We lucked out. Even with a hotel full of little girls that came in for a dance competition it was so quiet and peaceful. I have to give a shout out to the PM desk clerk SHANNON DEPEW. We asked where to get a good pizza. She suggested Schlittz and Giggles just a few blocks away. PERFECT!! Great pizza. Great Atmosphere. Great Service. We loved this hotel and will stop again on our through. The AM breakfast buffet was sooooo good too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and Shannon's recommendation for pizza! We look forward to seeing you the next time you stay!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

When in baton rouge , you have to stay here at this property. We spent a night on the way to Texas and actually were 85 miles off course and had to cancel our reservations at another property. The front desk totally took care of our problem and made us feel so welcomed after driving for 12 hours from miami, the service is excellent rooms large, clean and comfortable. Reminds me of the properties this brand has in china where I frequent often 5 star service and feeling all the way. Would advise everyone to stay here, wonderful restaurants in the area also. Would definitely stay here once I have to pass here in the future.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience while staying with us! It is so great to hear and we look forward to you staying with us again!

Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a brand new hotel and everything is top notch. Beautiful lobby, nice rooms, comfortable bed, big towels, nice walk-in shower, fantastic fitness center. Restaurant seemed nice too, but we had to visit Parraine's nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. Our staff works so hard, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share how your stay was. If you are in the Baton Rouge area again we hope to see you!