“Top notch visit”

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed December 24, 2012

This is a brand new hotel and everything is top notch. Beautiful lobby, nice rooms, comfortable bed, big towels, nice walk-in shower, fantastic fitness center. Restaurant seemed nice too, but we had to visit Parraine's nearby.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you so much for the wonderful compliments. Our staff works so hard, we truly appreciate you taking the time to share how your stay was. If you are in the Baton Rouge area again we hope to see you!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I rarely leave reviews but always read them. I am glad I paid no attention to the very few negative reviews left by other travelers. This hotel was immaculate! Staff was friendly and helpful, room was clean and very well priced, breakfast was great and free! This hotel is also pet friendly and charges a fraction of the price that other hotels charge for pet fees! We will be revisiting this hotel again anytime we go through baton rouge!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for noticing all the hard work the staff does here at the Holiday Inn. It is our goal to have guests feel not only welcomed but to feel like they are at home here. The staff and I are so happy to hear about your experience during your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again and again!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here recently overnight due to an early morning appointment with a specialist for my daughter. Maybe I am used to above average Holiday Inn Hotels and that is why I wasn't impressed. Average looking Holiday Inn from the exterior. We arrived early evening. I asked for an upgrade since I am a AAA member. I was almost certain that I would get it because the parking lot was empty and it appeared as thought the hotel was fairly empty. I was told that there were no upgrade rooms available. No problem. I asked for a non-smoking room. The room may have been non-smoking, but it smelled like smoke upon entering. We decided to just tolerate it until whoever was in the room next to us decided to chain smoke and the smell coming through the walls was unbearable. We went down and asked to be put into another room. We were moved to another floor that looked like a construction zone. There was no noise, but it was not appealing to the eye. As a new hotel, I was mighty surprised to see that there was already remodeling going on. After settling in our room, we walked down to Sporting News, the restaurant in the hotel. It was average sports bar food. We checked out fairly early and went on to our doctor's appointment. We live an hour away and I realized once we got home that I left my computer charger in the room. I called the hotel and spoke to someone in housekeeping who told me that he could mail it back to me. I was grateful. He asked how I wanted him to send it. I told him the least expensive method. I only live an hour away and figured it wouldn't be that expensive, otherwise I could just go pick it up. I told him not to spend more than $20 on shipping. He told met that he would call me back because he was going to use the credit card on file for the shipping charge. I never got a call back. I called the next day and left a message. A lady from housekeeping called me back and told me she was shipping it FedEx. I received the cord 2-3 days later. Several days later I got a bill from FedEx for almost $30. THIRTY BUCKS to ship something that I could have put ten dollars worth of gas and been there and back in less than 2 hours? That was a little extreme. I tried to call the manager several times and I finally got a call back. Her response to all of this,"I will refund your credit card on file $10." I almost felt mocked. I would stay here again only if I had too. The room was comfortable and a standard Holiday Inn, but certainly not the over the top service that I am used to when I stay at the new Holiday Inn hotels!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this locations for about 2 weeks 4 years ago and loved it. During my travel from Florida to Tucson is was the perfect place to stop during the trip. Just as it was 4 years ago the staff was top notch, Sporting News grill is a great place to unwind after a long days drive, and the property is immaculate. Stay here if you ever get a chance!

Room Tip: I've stayed in a couple different ones now, both were superb
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

The team here at Holiday Inn is so glad that you came back to stay with us and that you enjoyed your stay while passing through. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our Sporting News Grill and look forward to having you back!

Reviewed November 25, 2012

This is a very clean hotel. Nice workout area and attached restaurant/bar.

Rooms are always spotless, quiet and the staff is courteous and helpful.

Breakfast is so,so but no worse than at any of the other "free breakfast" hotels.

I have found this to be an excellent place to stay when I am in Baton Rouge on business.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Lelania C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us every time you are in Baton Rouge. We appreciate all of your kind words about our property and look forward to having the opportunity to provide you with outstanding service in the future.

Lelania Clarkson

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I arrived at the hotel in the evening on a Saturday night. I had reserved a room with two double beds since it was two males sharing this room. Upon arrival I was told all they had was a king size. I said it was unacceptible. I requested a roll away and went on about my business. Hours later I returned to the room without a roll away. I inquired at the front desk and they didn't have a clue of what I was talking about. I again requested a roll away. couple of hours later returned to the without a roll away. Again I go to the front desk, they don't have a clue. I finally told them to tell me the truth that they didn't have a roll away!. They didn't. One hand never knew what the other hand was doing! I slept on a chair that night. They did not charge me for the room that night. It took 4 months to get my priority points promised by the manger and repeated e-mails. They ran oput of food in the resturant. I was not a happy camper. Total lack of communication on the front desk and management! When I asked for the manager that night he was no where to be found!

Room Tip: don't arrive late in the day on a weekend because they will give your room away
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed only one night. The room was nice and the pillows were great, the bed was comfortable. The room was clean. No complaints with the hotel. The free buffet was decent but sometimes they were a little over the top with stopping by the table to check on you but I guess its better than being ignored. :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

I am so pleased you enjoyed your one night stay in Baton Rouge. We just wish you could have stayed longer! Should you pass through Baton Rouge again do not hesitate to contact us for your reservations!

Lelania Clarkson