All reviewshot dogsthe indoor outdoor poolevening kickbackfree drinksbaked potatoevening foodfront deskwafflesroom was cleannew orleansroad triphot breakfastmorning breakfastwe've stayeddefinitely stay here againnight's sleepnice breakfast
Reviewed July 2, 2010

room was very clean,beds were comfortable ,free food was better than expected and staff was friendly and helpfull.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed at this Drury in May while attending Bayoufest. It is a great hotel - new and nice. We got the suite and I would recommend that. It is worth the extra $20 if you are traveling with kids to have an extra room and an extra TV. We arrived too late for the evening snacks and drinks but the breakfast was good. Our kids enjoyed the small pool and we enjoyed the free parking and free wireless internet. I used to tend to stay at Embassy Suites for the extras but I think by getting at suite at Drury that this chain is becoming my favorite since they have real food in the evening and free wireless.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We stayed here on our way to New Orleans and this place is brand new, amazingly comfortable, affordable and in a great location. We were able to walk to some restaurants nearby and the rooms were a great price.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2010

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times in the past year. It's very clean, nice, and new but there has been one glitch each time we stayed there. The first time, we checked in rather late. We immediately changed into our pj's to go to bed, but discovered hair in our bed. We had to redress and go down to the desk. They immediately moved us to a new room and explained that the room had been made up for a "stay over" instead of a new check in. The second time we stayed at this hotel, the fire alarm went off two consecutive nights at 3 am. Even after the alarm quit going off it took a while to go back to sleep bc hotel staff were roaming the halls with loud walkie talkies. They did do the right thing and gave us a free night. The rooms are nice, they do have a good breakfast, and I think they even have happy hour in the lobby. I still recommend the place - they just need to get it together a bit.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Stopped here with my dog on a recent driving trip from Georgia to Texas. Desk staff was very friendly upon my arrival. Check-in was smooth and quick.

I arrived around 5:30 and they were offering free hot food and drinks from 5:30-7pm, which was GREAT since I had just spent an entire day in the car and was not looking forward to driving around again to find dinner.

Room was clean - found a couple hairs in the bathroom, but otherwise seemed very clean.

My only complaint is that the doors to the rooms were VERY loud when they closed - even if you didn't let them slam - just shutting the door was loud and you could hear EVERY single door that closed from other rooms. It seemed that one of my neighbors kept coming in and out of their room around 10pm and it was extremely noisy. Once everyone got situated and stopped leaving their rooms, the hotel was very quiet and my room was nice and dark.

I left before breakfast in the a.m., so I can't comment on that. I was grateful to find a nice hotel that was pet friendly. Check-out was quick and the desk staff was again very friendly.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
KimChappell, eMarketing Specialist at Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to join us for the 5:30 Kickback! We are sorry to hear about the noise caused by the loud doors and want to let you know that we are looking into the issue. We appreciate your feedback so we work to continually improve our product. We hope to see you again soon!