“The default setting for Drury is friendly help and great service”

Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Effie, Louisiana
“The default setting for Drury is friendly help and great service”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

What more can be said. The free food in the morning and night is great. The rooms are always spotless. The room was ready when we arrived and that was 10 am. They let us check in and we brought our luggage up and then we went about shopping. We have stayed at Drury in San Antonio, Tx. in the past and they were the same way there. So, it is not just certain areas, it is company wide. When we travel we look for a Drury!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LeeH113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Louisiana
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel before and was very pleased the first visit. This time was so-so... Upon entering the room it had a stale smell. Like something got wet in the room. Which we overlooked that. We left and came back a couple hours later to find out the hot water would be out until 11 that night. I understand things happen, things break. But yet it is still upsetting when you are ready to relax and can't shower. The place is clean and offers great breakfast and a dinner throwback special.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank smromero
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for your room having a stale odor, and our hot water heater going out during your stay. I completely understand how a hot shower is expected after you return to the hotel. I want to assure you that we have resolved the hot water issue, to ensure no other guest shares your same experience.

Thank you again for your feedback as it is very valuable to us in improving our services. I truly hope you will give us another opportunity to better serve you when you are in the area again.

Perry Harris
Cookeville
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Stayed at this Drury Inn while passing through on the way to New Orleans. Super, super place. We have stayed at other Drury Inn’s across the southeast and have always been very happy with the facilities. Hotel was great, room was large, beds were comfortable. Breakfast is always great at this chain, and this hotel was no different. Large breakfast area with ample choices of breakfast items…hot or cold. Though we didn’t have our dogs with us, we noted that the hotel was pet friendly. A plus for pet lovers like ourselves. Great place and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This was our first time to stay at a Drury Inn. It turned out to be the best value in Baton Rouge. Front desk was swift, courteous, and helpful. Our two bed queen room was spacious, very clean, and smoke free. A sign claimed there was a $250 cleaning fee if you smoked in room! TV with HBO and cable channels had nice reception and wi fi was fast & free. Breakfast was enormous with eggs, sausage, hash brown potatoes, biscuits & gravy, bagels, waffles, oatmeal, donuts, fresh fruit and much more. They also had snacks like hotdogs, nachos, pasta, finger foods, etc and free drinks (including beer & wine) from 5:30 to 7:00 in evening. The room doors close by could be heard slamming on occasion, but by 10:00 pm these quieted down. The do allow pets because we saw several people with dogs. Free parking and in centrally located area of town close to the Interstate 10 & Loop 12. We would recommend as the best bang for your buck when staying in Baton Rouge!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in and stayed at this hotel on our way to and from Panama City. Both times very clean, prompt check-in/ out and good breakfast. A good value for a family. A lot of restaurant choices on blue bonnet the next exit up.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Naperville
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have not been to a large scale hotel where the people have been more friendly. The food and drinks during the stay are a nice feature especially if you have children along. The hotel was very busy and sometimes got a little loud. Would go back for another stay.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was in the process of moving from Louisiana to Pennsylvania and needed a place to stay for a couple nights while I was waiting for the moving company in Louisiana. I ended up booking the Drury Inn because it was the cheapest place around that allowed dogs. I was placed on the 3rd floor in a room tucked away in a corner almost all by itself. The room was one of the biggest I have ever had- 2 king beds, full desk, nice TV, mini-fridge, microwave, full bathroom with plenty of room. The hotel offered their complimentary food & beverage in the evening--what a surprise! They didn't just have snacks--they put out baked potatoes, chicken fingers, mac'n'cheese, soup, nachos, etc. I was SO impressed (and full!) I ended up eating just this food for dinner for 3 out of the 4 nights that I stayed. Everyone was so helpful and friendly, I really felt like I got to know them and they got to know me in my short stay. They are great with dogs (they offer bags to pick up after your pet at the front desk if you forgot any!) and really are a top notch hotel. The bed was comfortable and the room was really quiet and very clean. This hotel is close to Perkins Rowe which offers a lot of options for dining and shopping. I wish I could have stayed longer!!!!

Room Tip: I believe I was in room 303...it was around a corner on the 3rd floor tucked away by itself--very qu...