“Excellent Hotel stay”

Drury Inn & Suites Baton Rouge
Ranked #2 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This room was very nice all the amenities: frig., microwave, flat screen TV, and coffee maker. We had 2 queen beds and a spacious room, quiet (for a hotel) A/C and quiet room-no over hearing the neighbors or the highway noise. the bathroom was roomy and clean, the shower was narrow, but good water pressure with shampoo, conditioner, & bath gel in dispenser in shower-nice. My husband especially enjoyed the free breakfast: "real" eggs, all the good hot stuff, bacon, sausage, and his personal favorite GRAVY. The coffee was okay, not great.
I would recommend this hotel, not cheap but you get the value of the extra you pay from a budget hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cherlyn_burton

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Spotless room and appointed like much higher priced hotels. Was there during LSU game day but the room floors were extremely quiet. Super comfy beds. I'll definitely stay here again when in BR. Great value for the money.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I decided to stay based on reviews from other people. On the outside, the hotel looks nice and check in when smoothly. The lady behind the front desk was friendly and the lobby looked nice. However when we got off the elevator to go to our room, we noticed the smell instantly. When we stayed there, the hotel was renovating the hallways. They weren't working that evening but there was dirt everywhere on the carpet. You would think they would clean up better so that the dirt wouldn't get in the rooms. Thankfully the smell did not enter our room. It is kind of hard to enjoy your stay with this going on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saturndriver
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Friendly people, good breakfast, close to all attractions, great place to stay. They have a very nice spread at 5:30 to 7:00 all drinks are included. This included wine and beer. The breakfast included gravy, biscuits, sausage, gravy, potatoes, waffles, fresh fruit, and assorted beads.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sanger59
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here for two weeks in August. Staff was friendly and helpful. Our one negative comment would be regarding the housekeeping staff. Some team members were great; others neglected their duties. Yes, we would return if circumstances brought us back to Baton Rouge.
If you find yourself in Baton Rouge, be sure to check out the art gallery of clay paintings!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We found our stay to be just what we needed although this was not the newest Drury Inn I have visited. I didn't find anything to be dirty even though some of the carpet and decor did seem a bit "tired".
The check-in service was friendly and helpful. My family was given rooms directly across from each other even though we had been told there was no guarantee we would have rooms that were close.
I didn't try the breakfast buffet myself, but was told by family members that it was good. I did hear some pretty loud children in the hallway several times, but all was quiet by 11 pm. No one in my party noticed any unsavory people outside the hotel or in the lobby area as has been reported by other reviewers. The hotel did seem busy, but I wasn't surprised considering the affordable price. At check out I did have to wait a few minutes to find someone I could give my room cards to.
The only down side I noticed was the fact that it is not necessarily easy to access the hotel once off the interstate. There is plenty of parking once you get to it, but you will need to pay careful attention to access the parking lot.
However, now that I have learned to navigate the area, I would stay here again when visiting Baton Rouge. My priority for visiting this area is low cost and the price was right!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Very crowed and noisy due to multiple weddings made the afternoon snacks very uncomfortable but the staff did an excellent job of staying cool even when folks far exceeded "snack" situations. The hotel is a bit hard to understand how to access but there was amply parking even with the crowed condition. Rooms were well done and fairly quiet once the outdoor pool ceased activity. The property was well maintained and the breakfast was excellent. Location was fairly convenient when traveling Eastward and not planning on doing much in Baton Rouge but access was limited.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family