“Nice, quiet, clean!”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Needed a room in the area and almost booked one down the street but iffy reviews changed my mind, and so glad I did! I arrived later than planned and tired. The girls at the desk were very pleasant and of course that wonderful Double tree cookie was a great treat on arrival! My room was very clean and comfy. The weather was nasty so I ate dinner at the restaurant downstairs. The steak dinner was great! My waitress was very nice and attentive. With the tv off I could hear traffic on I-10 but it didn't keep me awake. This hotel is a hidden jewel in BR! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the DoubleTree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much! I have passed your comments along to the front desk and restaurant staff. We will always have a warm cookie waiting for you, and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We booked this hotel a little too close to Thanksgiving. Our usual spot was not available, so we were a little worried about how things would go at the Double Tree. I read some fairly recent reviews that were not good, however, I am pleased to report that our stay was very nice.

I've worked on Thanksgiving Day, so I know it's not fun, but you have to smile and get on with life. The lady who was working the front desk appeared to be a little grumpy, but Larissa, who was working in the bar was a true ray of sunshine. She was also working breakfast the next morning, so she put in a lot of hours and was smiling every time we saw her. Thanks to her for making our stay so nice.

The rooms are okay. The wallpaper is weird because it looks like it has dirt smudges in the pattern, so at first you think it's dirty, but it's actually just a weird wallpaper pattern. Bathrooms were very clean, as were the sheets and towels. I also liked the shampoo, conditioner and lotions - smelled yummy.

We bring a "sound maker" with us when we travel, so there were no issues with highway noise for us.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of options to choose from. Again, Larissa was super friendly and helpful, as were the other staff who worked in the bar and restaurant.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

We thank you for taking the time to write a review for the DoubleTree By Hilton Baton Rouge. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. I have shared your comments with Larissa directly. She is so glad to hear that she had such a positive impression on you! I would also like to apologize for the front desk experience you had, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have used your comments as a training opportunity, as we are always striving to increase our level of service. Going forward I can assure you that you will always be greeted with a smile. I look forward to serving you again in the future, and if there is ever anything that I may do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel directly. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great place to stay. Clean, friendly, quality. Indoor pool and spa perfect place to relax and let the kids swim. Restaurant has great quality food. The only negative was the traffic noise, but that I think would have been a problem at any hotel in that area. All and all a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer M

Thank you so much for taking the time in your day to write a review for the Doubletree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us so much! I have shared your comments with the food and beverage staff about your dining experience, and we all appreciate it very much! On your next trip to Baton Rouge I will be sure to block your room away from the Interstate to alleviate highway noise. If there is ever anything that I may do for you please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is an excellent hotel with nice accommodations. Restaurant/Bar staff are gracious and remember your previous visits. Hotel used to be in another chain, but was taken over by Hilton and it is modern and up to date. Always stay here when available.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe M

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor for the Doubletree By Hilton Baton Rouge. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant so much! We hope to see you on your next visit to Baton Rouge, and thank you again for your feedback! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is worth checking out in Baton Rouge. You cannot beat this location for easy access to everything in Baton Rouge. Its a Hilton property for sure. The staff and cleanliness of the room was nice! Not to mention I was not expecting the room to be so spacious and accomodating. Perfect for a family of 4 with little ones and 2 adults. The pull out sofa with flat screen tv in room was perfect for the kiddos. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Jennifer T
Sean M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Thank you for writing such a positive review for the Baton Rouge DoubleTree By Hilton on TripAdvisor! We look forward to serving you again during your next visit to Baton Rouge. We'll be sure to save you some warm DoubleTree cookies!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Booked this hotel for one of my VPs and they stated that while it was conveniently located the noise from the Highway was overbearing and the room quality was just "meh". I would not recommend this hotel for a business stay.

Additional info - This VP is very laid back so for her to mention anything is what prompted me to leave this review.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Jason O
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Hotel is great - comfy beds, clean rooms, good restaurant and bar, and friendly staff. Only negative which prevented 5 stars is the hotel not participating in any Hilton promotions. As a frequent traveler to Baton Rouge, this has a big effect on where my "home hotel' is decided. I would not expect this to make a difference for the occasional traveler, but as a Hilton Diamond member (60+ nights a year) not participating in worldwide promotions has lost my business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business