“Pleasantly Surprised” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
New Orleans, LA
“Pleasantly Surprised”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I recently stayed here for the first time and I have no complaints. This hotel used to be another chain and about six months ago was turned into a Doubletree. It looks like the place was renovated at that time. It has a very modern look. The room I stayed in (a regular King room) was divided into a sitting area and a bed (sleeping) area. The sitting area had a desk and a small couch, with a TV on the wall. The bed area had its own TV. The desk served as a semi-divider with frosted glass panes that could slide open (look at the pictures on the website). It actually works better than one would think, and it gives you a somewhat separate sitting area to use. The desk also had "tech" updates -- lots of plugs, video and HDMI inputs (looks like you could, from the desk, hook your computer up to display on the TV in the sitting area). The room had the "standard" Hilton alarm clock (easy to use), a fridge and a microwave, coffee maker and an updated bathroom. It's located in a pretty convenient area right off the interstate (lots of hotels in the area). I asked for a room facing away from the interstate and did not hear any noise at all. I did not try the restaurant. The service at the front desk was prompt and pleasant. All in all, it probably is one of the better options for a hotel if you need to stay at that exit of the I-10 in Baton Rouge.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thanks for the review. We love hearing from our guests, and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Have stayed here several more times since my first review. The hotel was very good-- now great.

Front desk has been stellar the last three visits. The rooms are really nice. Lobby services are top notch.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thanks for giving us another chance. We really appreciate it. We will continue to work extremely hard to make each stay great.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors Member and found this location to be excellent. Would stay here again in the future visit to Baton Rouge. The bed was very comfortable and room was very clean. It is located just off I 10. We did not hear any road noise at all and our room faced the Freeway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks for the great feedback. We hope to get the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at the Double Tree. I had to stay an additional night in Baton Rouge and they were a great choice. The staff was helpful and courteous. The warm cookie was a nice touch at check-in.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thanks so much for staying with us and for the great review. Please keep us in mind if you come back to Baton Rouge!
Hayes LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This was a return visit to this hotel for myself. As always the staff was willing to help and very friendly. The rooms are very clean and well put together. This hotel has a very modern feel that is very comforting. Bedding was great and made for a wonderful night of rest. My only suggestion would be to add a complimentary breakfeast at this location. The meals they offer in the there resturant are very good although alittle pricey in my opinion
The location of the hotel is easily accessed from Interstate 10 and close to many resturants and shopping areas.I will surely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mrdubrock
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for the Louisiana marathon. It was conveniently located near LSU and downtown. The staff is friendly and the hotel is beautiful. There is some minor traffic noise, but I got a great night sleep. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leah M
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback! Please come visit us again soon.
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I have stayed here on several occasions since my last review, almost monthly, and no complaints. My rooms have been consistently clean and I love the seperation of work area from the sleeping area. I can work from the desk and watch the TV in the "bedroom" or sit on the couch and watch a TV mounted on the wall. It provides a seperation that is appreciated when you are in hotels five nights a week. The lobby area is clean and comfortable with a bar and restaurant. I usually eat one time in their restaurant/bar area and would like to see a little more variety in their menu; however, that said I have always found something. If traveling on business, this is the place for Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank QuietmanTravels
Thank you for the feedback. I am always looking for suggestions on how to improve our menu, please don't hesitate to contact me with anything you'd like us to consider!