“Great Location / Newer Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge
Ranked #4 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Rockford, Illinois
“Great Location / Newer Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Recently spent three nights at this hotel. Entire facility looks brand new (probably is). Everything was clean, staff was friendly / helpful. Honestly nothing to complain about the hotel itself. Great location for stores, restaurants, etc. A few minutes drive from the LSU campus.

The ONLY beef with this hotel is the access. The hotel is literally feet away from the Interstate. Noise wasn't an issue, but getting onto and out of the frontage road where the hotel is located was especially complicated. Getting to the hotel from the frontage road requires a good eye and a little luck. Leaving the hotel and getting back to the nearby business drag required turning the opposite direction and then a U-Turn a few blocks down the street. Speaking as an urban planner; this street configuration is very unique (and irritating).

Despite the access challenge, this hotel is good.....very good. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the interstate are likely quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave3441

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
So. California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here while visiting friends in Baton Rouge. The room was large, wifi worked well and the bed was very comfy. Front desk personnel were very helpful. Nice to have a gym to workout in.
Location was perfect for restaurants, shopping, LSU, etc.

Room Tip: The king bedroom with sofa bed gave extra sitting area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank captaingr
Fishkill, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I recently stayed here for business. The room was nice and the Wifi worked ok. The bed was way too soft and I did not like the way the wall AC unit turned on and off all night. No issues during the stay. I did not eat anything in the hotel during my stay except for the welcome cookie that was great.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Tom M
geneva
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

It has been a long time since I last stayed at a double tree. Maybe because I was a poor student then, I thought double tree was really nice (really, in my memory, it is as nice as a 5 star, just without big lobby, gym and stuff like that).

Maybe that's why I am really disappointed with my experience. ok, objectively it is one of the better 3 star places or one of the worse 4 star places. but compare to my (too high) expectations, it is a 2 star (i am a little disappointed). But strangely, I don't know why. I mean I can't say the room is not clean, nor the bathroom is out of date, nor the paint is peeling.....But I just don't feel as comfortable as when i am in a 5 star hotel. maybe the room is dim? maybe the extra sitting area made the bed area really small? maybe the AC unit is loud? maybe i didn't like the other guests checking in at the front desk? maybe the lobby is not impressive?

I really don't know. I just know I didn't feel 100% comfortable. But I am happy to have free WIFI. and according to my husband, it has the most number of TV channels compare to the other places we have stayed on the trip.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank zc12_jen
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while visiting some friends at LSU and to get a few personal items taken care of. It was amazing. The hotel looks great and the rooms are very spacious. You can even connect your laptop to plug ins on the walls in order to view things on a larger screen. I'm not 100% sure if the hotel is brand new but it sure looks like it. The staff was extraordinary. The only gripe I would have is that twice my door was opened by housekeeping. Once a few minutes after I had checked in to deliver me waters (I did check in early though so I can understand how this may happen) and the second time was my check out day at 9:30am. Both times housekeeping knocked, but I was in the restroom. I will definitely be staying here again when I return to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Taylor M
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I booked this hotel thru travelocity. Wasn't sure how it was going to be since Doubletree took it over from last year. When we arrived, Karen greeted us. I remembered her from last year. She had that same warm smile. After checking us in, she gave us some warm cookies. The room was nice and clean. The room had a nice sitting area and a big comfortable bed. The bathroom was very upscale and clean. The hotel was right off 10 highway and very convenient to all the stores and shops. I got in the whirlpool to wind down for the day and it was clean and warm. The only con is that the air conditioner is kind of loud.

If you stay here, you will really enjoy it. It's one of the best hotels in Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: Any room you get is a good room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ndntelliott
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed here on our way from Texas to Destin and got a great deal online. The hotel is very nice, front desk not very attentive though. Rooms great and beds incredible! The breakfast buffet was too expensive, not really family oriented. It's in a good location to many great restaurants.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family