WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #5 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Olathe, Kansas
“Great Business Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

Switched to the Doubletree on the recommendation of colleagues who had been staying here and me at another Hilton nearby. My room was designed for business with a sitting area and desk where I can see the sleeping area TV from the desk. In the sitting work area is another TV where I can sit on the couch, watch TV, and work on my laptop. The desk area has audio-visual hook ups to use the sitting area TV & my computer to wach movies, surf the internet etc. The work out area has a great selection of treadmills, elipticals, free weights, etc. The pool and hot-tub are located next to the fitnes center and smaller; however, it is great to jump in the pool after working out to cool down and get a swim in. The hotel does not appear to be designed for families. For that there is the Embassy Suites next door and I can recommend that for a great family getaway. In the hotel they have a small restaurant and bar. There is a small refridgerator and microwave in my room and a coffee maker. I'll be back...

Room Tip: When requesting a room, be specific with the reason for your visit. My room overlooked the intersta...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank QuietmanTravels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My partner and I just got back from a 3 night stay at this great hotel. As always, right after we were given our room keys, we received a delicious cookie. The lobby is tastefully decorated and has a nice computer area and a small cafe (which we did not have a chance to try). The pool and hot tub were small but clean and there were plenty of clean towels poolside for convenience. We had a room on the top floor and never even once heard another hotel guest while we were in our room. The room was roomy and comfortable. There is a small living area with a sleeper sofa, ottoman, flat screen TV, desk and chair, and small granite bar top area with a microwave and mini-fridge. separated by a partition with a fogged glass window was the sleeping area which was large occupied by the king sized bed, but also had a second TV. The bed, pillows and linens were just as if not more comfortable than any other hotel I have ever been to. They provided a great nights sleep. The bathroom was also very new looking with a modern basin sink and a large shower/tub. Everything was spotless. We only had a couple of issues that were all minor. The A/C unit in our room would occasionally make a really loud rattling sound every once in a while. It only woke me up once during our stay and a light whack on the top of the unit would make it go away. The water in the hotel is EXTREMELY soft. This made the shower really really slick and I came very close to completely falling over once. Some type of bathmat or something textured on the bottom of the tub would have been nice. Lastly, all of the wheels on all of the luggage carts were flat/popped and some of them were completely shredded. This made hauling stuff a little difficult. The are all very minor complaints and would not even begin to make me question whether or not I would stay here again. The staff was friendly, the accommodations extremely comfortable, and the location was very central. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mattyboy549
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

I've never had an unpleasant Hilton stay like this one! The front desk staff was not friendly, and didn't make us feel welcomed. We weren't offered the cookies upon check-in and when my kids ask for them, they were told to only request one. Each time we approached the front desk, we were not greeted with smiles and the staff acted as if we were bothering them. When our rooms were cleaned we were never given more toiletries. At breakfast I was given cold coffee, and had to request a fresh hot cup. Upon check-out I was charged for telephone calls that we didn't place, and had to argue with the hotel's manager before it was removed. Although the bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, and one female staff member, remained calm and tried to help me handle the phone charge. It was the worse 4 days in a Hilton Hotel we have ever experienced!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank P B
Chris K, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Of all the hotels on Constitution Avenue, the last one on the strip is by-far the best! The newest of them all, you would think that it's age makes it the best, but that isn't the case here. It does show, but the staff is absolutely outstanding.

I have stayed here many times, and have yet to encounter any major issues. Of all the Hilton hotels in Baton Rouge, I have never experienced an issue here that wasn't promptly resolved, unlike the others.

The lobby is compact, but well designed for flexibility. The front desk is positioned away from the lounge in a way that you wouldn't even know that it is right around the corner, allowing for productivity in the comfortable lobby.

The hotel has a restaurant that is open for Breakfast and Dinner, and even offers room service. I have had the HHonors breakfast buffet in the lobby, and it is outstanding. The selection seems endless, although it doesn't offer what the Embassy down the street does. The little added touches to the preparation of the food really shows. I am sure Dinner is the same way, but I have not had the chance to experience this.

The hotel has a small, but usable fitness center. After 10pm, you do have to ask for someone to unlock it for you. The hotel pool and jacuzzi is indoors attached to the fitness center, and is usually fairly quiet. The patio is in the middle of the building, and is nice to relax on at night.

All of the rooms I have stayed in here are all awesome. Most have window a/c units since this hotel used to be a Choice Hotels property, but some have been converted to central a/c. The larger suites have the central a/c. The units do get very cold, which is great in Louisiana. The hallways do tend to be very hot and humid, but don't let that alarm you. The rooms are all well appointed with the usual Doubletree fare. Since this hotel used to be a Cambria Suites, you will find that all the rooms have sofa beds and 2 TV's. I would be able to best compare these rooms to Springhill Suites. Some of the rooms can be a little "dim" due to the brown color scheme, but it isn't too terribly bad.

All in all, this is a great hotel in a great location (besides the traffic - ask for the back roads in and out to save a lot of time!). If you are a Hilton HHonors member, the staff really goes out of their way to recognize you, so this is the place to stay. I don't think I have ever had a request denied or not taken care of. They are so friendly and accommodating here. If you are a night owl or an early bird, be sure to stop by the desk and say hi to Tammy the Night Auditor. This lady is absolutely awesome! If there is any one person at this property that deserves recognition for great customer service, it is her!

Can't wait for my next trip to this hotel!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are as big as normal suites, but book an actual suite if you want a really awesome room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank joepercussion
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

This hotel is outstanding among all business hotels I've been so far in the US. Everything looks new. The interior design of the room is appealing. Even a fridge and a microwave were there. Internet works right away, printing documents possible. Breakfast is available (though I'd skip the espresso as it did not taste better than the regular coffee). Service is very good and professional.
The only annoying thing is the loud A/C in the room - a hotel of this class should have a central A/C system, not individual units in each room with barely adjustable fan speed; the on position generates a jet stream in the room that lets the curtain flutter (and might reduce sleep quality due to the noise).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank global_freq_traveler
Santa Rosa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

I read mixed reviews of many hotels and decided to pay a bit extra on the one that got almost all positives. It was worth it. The place was clean, had two rooms, services, etc. It is conveniently located. I had no problem of any kind and would recommend this hotel to people traveling to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jlynnscott
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

We attended a wedding in Baton Rouge and they reserved a block of rooms at this hotel for the out-of-town guests. Boy were we surprised at the beautiful room. (we got upgraded to a Jr. Suite that was so spacious, well decorated, and very comfortable) It was the best night's sleep I had in a long time. The room included breakfast, which was another plus, although I think that was because we are Hilton Honor members. Pays to join their club. Every person who worked there was friendly and greeted us and asked if they could help us in any way. Our room faced I-4 but you could not hear the noise of the traffic at all. Very lovely and memorable stay and we would go back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple