“Nice casual restaurant”

Ranked #17 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

First time there, found atmosphere comfortable. We were greeted & seated quickly. Waited a bit for a server, but she was great once she found us. Lunch specials reasonably priced and ample. Excellent chicken/sausage gumbo & catfish dish, BTW. Need to give simple burger a shot.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

The whole experience at Chimes East was great. While visiting Baton Rouge I was told I needed to check out Chimes. I used my gps to get me there and didn't realize I went to the wrong location. I was disappointed once I figured that out yet it worked out great anyway. The restaurant was great. The service and food were fantastic. Our waitress Jaz was adorable and was awesome. I'd go again for sure.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Business dinner with 6 others. Service was attentive, but not obtrusive. Food was up to BR standards. Oysters oon 1/2 shell were very good and 1/2 price 4 to 7 PM every night. I would go back just for this. The fried catfish was perfect; french fries a little less than done. Overall, I'll put this on my list of good places in BR. Note - this was a Monday night and place was packed with a line at the door when we left at 7:30. Go early for cheap oysters and no wait. Try the beer sampler, you pick 5 @ 5 oz. each. Just start with the lighter one and work your way up, otherwise the lighter ones will have no flavor!.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The Chimes is THE place to go! Love it!!!
The food is always delicious! I have yet to be disappointed!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

If you like great atmosphere and great food, this is the place for you. If you dont, what can I say....stay away, so I can get a table!!! I have been here twice over the last few years and Chimes East has not disappointed. There is something to be said for a place that serves great Cajun/Seafood. They have both.