“Dinner and a show!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
“Dinner and a show!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Many large hibachi grills that you sit family style around. They also have regular tables. I don't know if you can order hibachi at the regular tables. Knife tricks and flames for fun. Noodles come with the dinners. Charge extra for fried rice, but it is worth it for the show. If you want steak upgrade to the filet.

• Visited February 2014

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great freshest tasting sushi.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I love this place, I only eat cooked sushi. The menu is huge. The staff and owners are so friendly, my friends and I keep returning. The only down side is the price is on the high side. You always pay for what you get and this is one of my top 5 places to eat.

• Visited February 2014
“Super sushi”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

Tokyo Cafe is one of the best places to get sushi in Baton Rouge. The hibachi is really good too. If you sit at the section where the bar is, you will get free soup. The miso is fabulous!

• Visited January 2014
Louisiana
“OMG!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

I had never eaten at a restaurant with an Hibachi grill cooked to order. So I was looking forward to the experience. From the time we were seated until we got up to leave, it was delightful. The chef was entertaining and fun, and the food was totally awesome. Everything was seasoned to perfection. It was enough food, honestly, for two or three people, and we enjoyed taking leftovers home. I can't wait to go back to Baton Rouge and eat at this restaurant again. A++++ for sure.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank decoho
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nicest & Best Japanese Sushi & Hibachi Restaurant in Baton Rouge!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

This time rather than sit and eat at the Sushi Bar, we decided to enjoy the Hibachi Grill! And of course, we did! The chef at our table was engaging and funny, had an excellent routine, and fantastic aim flipping shrimp to our mouths. Proportions were, as always, a bit too much and we took home a bit from everyone's meal.

My daughters surprised me with ice cream and a candle which Tokyo supplied. The staff came out beating a drum, singing a Japanese birthday song and clapping. The ice cream wasn't even on the bill!

Many times I have enjoyed Tokyo Cafe's Sushi Bar and except for a new waitress issue once, have never been disappointed. Prices are on par with all the other choices around, but the added plus is the decor, staff, selection.

The Sushi is always Fresh, Cold, Well Presented, and Tasty! The Sushi Bar Menu is quite large, offering many typical Rolls and Boxes, however the Sushi doesn't stop there. If you can ask for it, they will make off menu items for you! I've never been disappointed there.

Twice when we came in during early evening, the Sushi Chef made my 12 yr old daughter Food Sculptures! Once it was a very cute melon based Turtle and the other one was a fantastical Bird. Both creatures accompanied her Shrimp Tempura Roll as a wonderful platter decoration!

• Visited December 2013