Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Bastrop
Motel 6
$73
$69
Travelocity
All reviewsfront deskcleaning staffenjoyed staying hereroom was cleannice hotelstaff was very friendly and helpfulwhitneyfridgelouisianareceptionistlobbyluggage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Check in was great- very friendly desk person. The hotel and rooms are nicely decorated. Our room was not well cleaned- it looked like it had been spot cleaned, and not even a good job at that. I had to have my room cleaned 3 different times, and it still was not well cleaned (they cleaned the bottom of the mirror and not the top...). I did write a letter to the corporate head quarters and the manager called apologizing and offering to make it up to me. He did promise they would begin inspecting rooms for cleanliness, so you might still want to give them a chance. The breakfast buffet was very filling and we loved the pool. It is in a good central location.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MicMiss
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Overall, the room was very dated. Appeared to have not had an update since the 80s.

The toilet was stopped up from the moment i walked in the door.

Shampoo, coffee, and other in room items were not replaced in 3 days.

Just a lacking hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank Superevangelist
Reviewed August 12, 2009

I stayed at this hotel because it was the best choice in town. When I arrived in town, I had the chance to pass the other hotels that were here and from what I saw in my opinion, I had definately made the right decision.
The people at the front desk were very accomodating upon arrival and quickly had me checked in and heading to my room. The rooms are fairly spacious with appropriate ammenities (Microwave/fridge, etc). If you like quiet as I do, I hardly knew anyone else was stayiing here. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who might be traveling in the area and needed a place to stay as they will not be disappointed. The only negative comment I have is although they serve a nice "continental breakfast", if you stay here more than one night you will find that they serve the same thing everyday, no variety.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank Trbl4u2
Reviewed December 11, 2008

The hotel is very clean and seems to be either new or recently renovated.
The staff was above friendly and helpful. The young lady who was at the desk (all three days and evenings) was wonderful.

My room had a fridge, microwave and it being a smoking room, I was happy to see that the windows actually opened so I could air it out. One suggestion for housekeeping...since you do have windows that can be opened, air the smoking rooms out each day as guests check out.

My only complaint would be that they do not allow pets. I didn't have my dog with me this time but I will be returning and sometimes he will be with me. The no pet policy will prevent me from staying there when he is with me. Otherwise, I do recommend this hotel and will stay there in the future providing he is not with me.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank moncherrie
Reviewed November 13, 2006

I have stayed at this hotel three times in the last two years. The rooms are very nice and clean. The hotel staff is always willing to help.

• Stayed: February 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)