“Perfect day fishing”

Griffin Fishing Charters
Ranked #3 of 7 things to do in Barataria
More attraction details
Owner description: Largest Fishing Charter and Lodge in Louisiana. Our guides are born and raised in Lafitte and know the area like the palm of their hands! We have private 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and can accommodate groups up to 75 people. Stay with us and you're only steps away from our private docks.Our guides will wake you up, cook your breakfast and take you out for the fishing,oops, I mean catching trip of a life time! You'll return to our dock in 6 - 7 hours where the Captain will clean and bag your fish while you enjoy a hot southern lunch. You can relax the rest of the afternoon with no worries. We'll prepare your dinner for you! Yum, yum, what a treat!We offer package charters that include lodging, meals and your charter! Your charter includes, bait, fuel, rods, reels, water and soft drinks and the best Captains around!
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Perfect day fishing”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

What an amazing day fishing. Casey was incredibly nice and very knowledgable. I've never fished with someone that understood a fish so well. Great food, nice people and lots of fish!

New Orleans, Louisiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great Fishing in Louisiana”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

First, I want to thank James and Captain Brock, as well as everyone else at Griffin who made the fishing trip run without a hitch. We got there the night before and slept in one of the rooms. We then got up around 5:45 had a great sausage and eggs and biscuit breakfast. Got on the water and Captian Brock led us to some good fish holes. We caught redfish, blag drum, trout and sheephead (we threw them back...). Captain Brock was fun to talk, had a vast knowledge of the area and was very professional. We will use him again. Then we got back and he cleaned the fish and we were served a terrific lunch (red beans and rice)! Thanks again!!

Visited December 2012
Mandeville, LA
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A beautiful and well organized fishing trip”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

My father and law and I had a great time w/ Griffin Fishing Charters. We checked in the evening before our fishing trip, and were spoiled by Carla's cooking: gumbo and baked/stuffed chicken. The next morning we left at 6 am w/ our fishing guide, Nick, who knew the waters like the back of his hand. I don't know much about fishing, which didn't matter. He baited the hook and even did the casting for me at times. He always helped pull the fish into the boat, measured them, and saved the ones we wanted. Afterwards, we had a wonderful plate of jambalaya while Nick filleted the fish. We spent 6 hours on the water, and I really enjoyed the wildlife: plenty of pelicans (see my photos) as well as other birds in their natural habitat. I strongly recommend this company.

Visited November 2011