“Below par for a chain”

Add it.
Ranked #21 of 75 Restaurants in Winchester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I normally do not write reviews for chain restaurants because they are so much alike, however, I was so disappointed here I couldn't help myself. There were a group of us that took my 82 year old mother out for her birthday. The service was terrible. We got our drink order quick, but it was wrong. We then sit for 25 minutes waiting for the server to reappear to take our order, but this time the drinks were all gone and we were getting unsettled. We looked around the restaurant and there were no employees to be found. Finally a manager came out to see if we were having problems. We told him we had not seen a server for a long time. Finally the server came out with an attitude, took our order and left. When the food arrived, drinks still empty, 50% of the order was wrong. The steaks were either not cooked right, or they had the wrong type of potato for the side or my sister didn't even get hers at all. When all was finished the server brought out the bill and said that since things had been so wrong they comped three meals. How they figured whom to comp was beyond me. My sister who didn't get a meal was comp and should have been, however, my drink was wrong, my steak was wrong and my potatoe choice was wrong and I had to wait while most of the others got their orders, but I was not comped.Go figure. My steak was terrible, I did not say anything to the server or the waiter, but I will never order a steak from Applebee's again. I couldn't eat half of it, tough, grissly, couldn't be chewed. They didn't offer to sing the "birthday" song to our mother. She did get the free ice cream. We were all very disappointed. This place should be avoided.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is one of the better restaurants in Winchester. The food is great and the service is quicker than average. I recommend the Oriental Chicken Salad!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

Every time I visit this Applebee's, I hope they have fired the chef and hired a new one. But nope, bad as usual. Does this place have a manager or owner? I wonder. My chicken and shrimp dish was over-cooked and dry as a bone. The tiny little shrimp had the texture of wood chips. If you can't cook a nice chicken entree, you don't deserve to cook anything. Thumbs down.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I don't hold high expectations for Applebees (getting to 75% of the TV ad appearance would be fine) but our recent visit here was subpar.

I had a special chicken/pasta dish, which seems thrown together and was just OK. Others in my group had salads or sandwiches, which were all bad---it seems like the cook was in a hurry and didn't give a darn, and just gave a glance to the guide sheet for the dish, and put something on a plate.

Our server was surly at best. The booth we sat in was oddly shaped and seem designed for awkward discomfort. The restaurant itself was a bit on the dirty side.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We ate there and had significant problems. Strike 1 - Visible crumbs on seats of empty tables as well as tables weren't really clean. Strike 2 - Possibly warmed but definitely not steamed broccoli. Strike 3 - My wife had an asian orange chicken entree. Chicken was extremely hard as if had been under a heat lamp or over cooked. No manager visited our table and a large number of the employees hung out at a table beside the bar for the majority of our visit. I complained at the Applebee's website and received a call from an Alex who is the manager of this store. He sounded sincere and much like he would like to correct my dis-satisfaction. We agreed a $20.00 gift certificate would remedy any problems we had. That should have arrived in my mailbox sometime in the last two weeks, hence this extremely BAD rating. They don't care about you or your satisfaction.