“Dinner”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first trip to halls catfish, pulled pork and sirloin all excellent, don't normally have desert bUt ordered four and all were excellent. Atmosphere excellent

3  Thank Michael P

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Haven't been to Halls for many years, but I just couldn't be in the area nd not go to Hall's. Not only did they allow us to come into the restaurant early but served us Ice Tea before they were opened. Then the fried peppers and half browns were great. The service was excellent and all staff were very friendly and lived up to our expectation for Southern Hospitality.

2  Thank MaryDee M
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Haven't been to Hall's on the River in 40 years, since I graduated from college. Drove 600 miles to Ky, and was not leaving until I wrapped my lips around their catfish, deep fried banana peppers, and fried green tomatoes. I would never eat that much fried food, except at halls. Thank you, Halls, for another great meal and memory.

1  Thank Mimzoo
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I'm sorry but I have to really disagree that the new chef is doing Halls a favor. As a repeat customer we have found the food to go downhill more and more each time we go. A restaurant that is named "Halls on the River" should not be trying to make fancy dishes. The prices have sky rocketed and the taste of the food is subpar. I wish that I could bring food from a different restaurant and enjoy the atmosphere because they have gotten that part right and the service is great. If only they were bringing out yummy food. We have decided to take our business elsewhere.

1  Thank beyondthelens
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I love Hall's because you get there after driving through the beautiful wooded countyside. The deck is right over the river so the name is very appropriate! The food is good country cooking. The cat fish is huge and satisfying.