“Something for everyone”

Red River Gorge Geological Area
Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Winchester
Reviewed May 17, 2010

"The Red", offers pretty much anything for the outdoors person. I go once a year, just me and my dog. This year we took a canoe trip down the river, from Red River Adventure. The next day we hiked to some great scenic trails, camped out at a primitive campsite, and did some more trails the next day. The beauty and seclusion is wonderful. No problems being alone. Later this summer I will be going with a group to do some rock climbing and rapelling. If you like the outdoors, The Gorge offers endless opportunities. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

My sis and I hiked in the nearby Natural Bridge State Park and decided to drive some of the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway, as well. What a beautiful ride- we drove through the Nada Tunnel, along the river, past campsites, viewed the Sky Bridge. We wish we would have brought our lunch to eat at a scenic pull-off. Driving the Scenic Byway was a great way for us to take in a little more of the area.

5  Thank MyValentine2004
Reviewed March 10, 2008

RRG has a plethora of activities for the outdoor enthusiast: numerous trails, biking, canoeing, rock climbing, kayaking, etc. We enjoyed our hike to the angel windows. It’s a fairly easy and short hike to some very divine rock formations. On our visit the snow created the clouds for the windows. Very beautiful. Natural Bridge SRP is located nearby, it’s worth a visit. If you enjoy Big South Fork or South Cumberland, you’ll enjoy Red River Gorge.

2  Thank jake_brake2007
A TripAdvisor Member
Carrollton, Kentucky
Reviewed January 11, 2005

The greatest trip experience of my life!
Solitude in the wilderness is hard to beat. spend the day hiking the miles of trails or backpack throught the clifty wilderness. Perfect scenery, camping, fishing, boating, hiking, and all around the perfect retreat from the hustle of the daily grind.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member