“Hated Holiday Inn Express”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed October 16, 2006

My family and I stayed at this hotel and had a horrible stay. We had two rooms and stayed three nights. The television in my parents room had a red screen, the remote would not work, the door only had one hinge holding the door on, and no alarm clock. The front desk clerk brought in a different tv, but my father had to help lift the bad one off the dresser, and he brought them an alarm clock, the door was never fixed. In my room the phone never worked one day and the front desk clerk was told everyday we were there. My bathroom was never cleaned and I had to get my parents and I new towels. On our second day, we came back to the hotel and none of our hotel key cards would work and had to have the front desk clerk reactivate all key cards for both rooms. The swimming pool was dirty and with two teenagers, they wanted to swim. The only thing that was enjoyable was the continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
3  Thank missnotravel

Reviewed October 2, 2005

My husband and I had a week long reservation at this hotel. The first morning my husband went to work and I slept in. Around 9:00 I was awakened by a knock on the door,I answered thinking it was housekeeping. The man at the door was the maintence man and said someone complained about a clogged bathtub and must have got the wrong room. I said there was no problem with Anything in my bathroom , he apologized and left. At noon my husband came and we left to get lunch. As we left I happened to notice the same maintenance man was at the front desk talking to the clerk . I didnt think anything of it and left. As I returned to my room 10 minutes later , we went thru a drive thru, we went to our room. I OPENED THE DOOR AND THE MANTENANCE MAN WAS STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF MY ROOM. my husband asked why he was there. He said he heard there was a problem with my sink and came to fix it. Then he looked on the bed where my luggage was and said he saw our items them and was just leaving. After he left, my perscription medicine was where he was standing and 3 out of 6 of the containers were taken out of the large ziplock bag I had them in. I immediately contacted the front desk to report this to the Management. In my opinion the manager covered for this person and made several excuses for him, and said he told him not to do it again! He gave us some priority points, didnt charge for the one night and we checked out immediatly! I would like to add my husband is a platium priority member he stayed so far this year at a holiday inn {different locations} 72 night. We have never had anything like this happen before.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
8  Thank gmakeithappen
A TripAdvisor Member
Central Illinois
Reviewed September 30, 2004

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Winchester, KY and we thought the room needed a good cleaning. If it had not been so late in the evening, we would have asked for our money back and left. This appeared to be a Holiday Inn Express that is not as clean as others we have stayed in. Not a nice and clean room. We will not stay at this one again. We were glad it was only one night and we were out of there.

• Stayed: October 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2003

This hotel has the WORST management company ever to franchise out a chain hotel! I have been to this hotel several times since it's opening just a few years ago. They don't keep up their nice property (probably because they can't hold onto a maintenance person for any length of time). Every time they get a good, customer-service-oriented staff going, these people come up with some off-the-wall reason to get rid of good people, or they don't give people the benefits package to keep them...and the most snooty people they hire to manage the place end up there the longest. This last time I stayed there is definitely the last...I'll never stay there again after seeing how they have done some of their good employees.

• Stayed: April 2001, traveled on business
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Best Western Winchester Hotel
Hampton Inn Winchester
Hampton Inn Winchester
#1 of 6 in Winchester
2 mi away
Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lexington South / Hamburg

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!