“Disappointed”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Winchester
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I love the HIE brand and try to stay with them as often as I can. We were very tired from a long day of travelling from Myrtle Beach to Chicago and decided to stay at this HIE.
1st the positives- The Staff is amazing. Whitney checked us in and gave us water and a bag of treats for each member of our family for being Priority club members. The staff at breakfast and check out was also very nice.
Negatives- the hotel smelled funny like they sprayed a lot of air freshener trying to cover things up. The hotel needs a lot of TLC. We had rust in our tub (room 205) and our room again smelled funny but different from the lobby. The beds were clean but my hubby and I were very itchy from the bedding- perhaps whatever they wash the bedding in? This didn't affect my kids so hubby and I took some benedryl then fell asleep. Breakfast was good with Cinnamon rolls, sausage, biscuits and gravy. The pancake machine was out of order but no big deal. They were also out of fat free milk but the breakfast guy was very apologetic. Check out was a breeze and the clerk offered my kids some cookies to take on the road which was really nice.
The pool looked nice but we did not swim.
There were cigarette butts all over the sidewalks by the entrance.
Overall I would probably not stay here again unless it was renovated but the staff was fantastic!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank rebeccarose76
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear rebeccarose76,

Thank you for being a IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. I appreciate your compliment on our hotel staff. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. It sounds like we fell short of our goal in a few areas. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Lera P

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed here while on a trip overnight. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The bed was very comfortable and the water was excellent (both in pressure and temperature). The pool was great, although the pool area was very hot.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel several years ago and remember it being a decent place to stop during cross country travel (mainly due to the timing of when to stop driving for the day). Clearly a few years later the hotel is getting run down. As others have said it's probably not up to the standards of most Holiday Inn Express. The rooms were poorly maintained and appeared to be falling apart in many areas - especially the bathroom. Will stop going here and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone, especially at the prices for one night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank cdb81
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear cdb81,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. Please allow me to apologize for the issues you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience the condition of our hotel may have caused you. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and I hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying with us and we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M

Reviewed October 8, 2012

Everything about this hotel was disappointing. Poor construction, sloppy renovation, horrible smell, dirty, and just plain not worth the money (even though it is cheaper than staying in Lexington). Don't try to save a few dollars by staying here, you'll regret it.

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Sandseekers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Sandseekers,

Thank you for submitting your review of our hotel. I certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. For that reason, your comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Lera M

Reviewed September 24, 2012

To start with the positives, the staff was very friendly and courteous, and overall the rooms and hotel were clean. However, that's where the positives end. Overall maintenance of this hotel is poor. The air conditioning unit in our room leaked water. The carpeting was damp and the room smelled musty, leaving both me any my wife with headaches in the morning. There was no drain stopper in the bathtub, so baths for our toddlers were not an option. Overall, we were very disappointed.

If you're staying in Winchester, consider another hotel. If you're loyal to IHG hotels, consider one of the locations in Lexington or the Holiday Inn Express in Morehead.

Room Tip: Best tip - go elsewhere. If you must stay here, ask for the east side of the building, as the west...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank donnyshawn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear donnyshawn,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I appreciate your kind words about our hotel, clean rooms and our friendly and courteous front desk staff. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and I am glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my deep apologies for the overall maintenance of the hotel that greatly affected your stay. Thank you for letting us know about about the issues in the air conditioning and bathtub. Rest assured this feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you give us a chance to show you how great our hotel is should your travels bring you back to Winchester.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Have stayed here before and the hotel was marginal. This trip I found a trap at the head of the bed on the floor. All hotels in the area sold out or I would not have stayed here. Beware of this hotel.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank mhdurden
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Dear mhdurden,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed April 30, 2012

We stayed here while visiting Daniel Boone National Forest, specifically the Red River Gorge Geological Area and Natural Bridge State Park. A pretty generic Holiday Inn Express. Nothing special stands out positively. One complaint was the very weak WI-FI signal that pretty much shut down at 10 PM each night of our stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2012

Dear NCLoggerheads,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.
Though I would prefer you had a better experience at the hotel, I would like to thank you for providing your feedback. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Winchester
Best Western Winchester Hotel
Hampton Inn Winchester
Hampton Inn Winchester
#1 of 6 in Winchester
Baymont Inn & Suites Winchester
Red Roof Inn Lexington - Winchester
Clarion Hotel Conference Center North
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Lexington

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!