“Quaint cafe with good food and great service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Solomon's Porch Cafe & Catering
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Wilmore
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Solomon's Porch Cafe is a casual and comfortable cafe located on Main Street in Wilmore, Kentucky. We prepare all of our food fresh to order and offer a daily variety of house made baked goods. Our humorous theologically inspired menu consists of gourmet sandwiches, burgers, franks, salads, quiche and specialty coffees & teas. We serve a full line of breakfast foods until 11:00 am each day. We are locally owned and operated. We offer a kid's menu as well as gluten free and dairy free options. As a Kentucky Proud Cafe many of our menu items are farm to table, and sourced within a 15 mile radius. Please visit our website to download a full menu. Like us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to begin receiving pictures and special offerings.
Panama City, Florida
“Quaint cafe with good food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Solomon's Porch was a wonderful breakfast stop during our visit to Wilmore and Asbury. The menu is very interesting - I was able to try a French Press coffee for the first time, and the server (owner?) patiently helped me understand the various options I had (including coffees from all over the world!). The French toast was excellent, the muffin and pancakes good and filling, and the cozy and friendly atmosphere perfect for a college town. Loved it! Now a must stop on our next visit to Asbury!b

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Wilmore, Kentucky
“Our favorite date place.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2014

My husband and I LOVE Solomon's Porch. We try to walk the half mile from our home at least once or twice a week just to sit and chat over coffee. When family comes into town, we inevitably take them to Solomon's Porch, and it's our favorite place to meet Asbury Seminary and Asbury University friends alike. It was my first stop during my first visit to Wilmore, where I studied for my nursing boards, and where my husband Brian and I first started meeting for early morning dates when we met in college. We quickly grew to love our time spent together in the brightly colored cafe, so much so that my husband actually proposed to me right in the middle of the coffee shop! Erin then made our cupcakes for our local wedding, which were gorgeous (she even matched the icing color to a fabric swatch of our bridesmaids dresses).

Made with local ingredients, you can't go wrong with anything on the menu. The franks are incredible and themed after the 12 Apostles, and many of the sandwich names echo the works of CS Lewis. Among our favorites are the Circuit Rider (it's like a warm Philly cheesesteak on a croissant), the Thomas frank (with cream cheese, pesto, and onions), and the Chef Salad. However, breakfast remains our favorite! I could literally eat a breakfast sandwich (egg, cheese, and a choice of sausage or ham on a warm croissant) every morning. Oh, and their Honeybee Latte is quite possibly one of my favorite things in the world. Technically, it's a spring drink special, but we ask for it all year round, to the point where Tim and Erin pretty much know our order before we even place it. :)

Don't expect to rush in Solomon's Porch (not that you'd want to). All of the food is made fresh to order, although you can call ahead and get your order to-go if you need to. Our favorite days of the week are Tuesdays and Thursdays because Solomon's is open late and we can grab coffee before I head off to work the night shift.

I could go on and on talking about how much we love Solomon's Porch, but I've already made myself start craving a Honeybee Latte so I think I'll go grab one of those instead. If you want to come join us, our little community will be waiting for you...

1 Thank Callie_Brian
Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Solomon's Porch is a Must Visit in Wilmore, KY!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2014

Looking for a cozy, friendly, cafe-style restaurant with a wide-variety menu, excellent food, terrific service, great prices and comfortable setting? Then stop by Solomon's Porch! This family-owned restaurant is the ideal place to relax in lounge chairs or at one of the tables and enjoy a very satisfying meal with family, friends or just by yourself. There are reading nooks and in one corner, there's a wood stove that I'm sure is an attraction during the colder months! Solomon's Porch offers a huge selection of sandwiches, salads, and flavored coffees. Check out their website for more information and to view the menu: http://www.solomonsporchwilmore.com. This is one restaurant you will want to make a regular habit of visiting! My husband and I are from Maryland. We had several meals at Solomon's Porch and wished we lived closer so we could enjoy this wonderful restaurent more often!

Tryon, North Carolina, United States
“Best Cafe in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This sweet spot not only has delicious food but the young owners have it all together and know how to make you feel right at home. Don't be fooled by the exterior of the building (not owned , but leased) because the interior is comfortable and the food is wonderful. Best place for breakfast or lunch.

Visited July 2014
Syracuse, Indiana
“The charm of a University Town pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

Walking into Solomon's porch you are struck by the feel of a college hangout. The food is wonderful and reasonably priced and they don't serve alcohol which is a plus in my book. They make amazing coffee. THe chicken salad is to die for.

• Visited March 2014