“Sanctuary - a home away from home”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wilmore
Homeplace Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 4 Wilmore B&B and Inns
Midwest City, Oklahoma
“Sanctuary - a home away from home”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

This is my second stay at the Homeplace, and it is just that. It is a charming old home that is beautifully restored and very comfortable. The rooms are clean and charming. Art & Carol are gracious, caring hosts and I feel at home the minute I walk in. Breakfast is marvelous, and I have truly enjoyed the conversations on several topics. Art & Carol are knowledgeable about many things, and have made my stays here very relaxing and enjoyable. They have pointed me to several places I would not have found without them. I travel to Wilmore for school, and love staying here. It's within walking distance to class in just a few minutes. I would highly recommend staying here whenever you are in the area. The other guests are also pretty interesting, and I've had a great time getting to know them as well and sharing life with them for the few days that I am here.

Room Tip: All available rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Stillwater, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My wife Julie and I were guests of Art and Carol March 15-16, 2012 and had a great time. Homeplace B&B is a wonderful restored home with lots of warm woodwork and quaint furnishings. The woodburning stove in the living room took the chill off of the cool mornings. Carol is a fablous cook and each morning we enjoyed different homemade treats for breakfast. Our room was comfortable, clean and inviting and from the second floor balcony we could sit and watch life, Wilmore Kentucky style, pass by. The best part of our stay was the time spent with our hosts, Art and Carol. We were friends from before but hadn't seen them for many years. The were as welcoming and open as we remembered them and were equally comfortable to let us do our own thing or spend hours with us talking. I especially enjoyed the long walking tour of Wilmore they took me on. We'll be back . . . and highly recommend Homeplace Guesthouse B&B for some good old Kentucky hospitality!

Room Tip: Both upstairs rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Peachtree City, Georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I found the Homeplace Guesthouse after our original reservations in Wilmore fell through. Art and Carol were so gracious to accommodate me at the last minute and their home was so warm and inviting after a long day on the road.
Sitting and visiting in their beautiful livingroom felt like spending time with old friends and before my stay was over, I truly felt like I had some new friends. The breakfast was wonderful and the company both interesting and entertaining. I slept very soundly and found my room quiet and comfortable.
I would definitely recommend staying here and hope that I get the chance to return. Truly a lovely place you won't want to miss if you are in the Lexington area.
Margaret B

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Mount Airy, Maryland
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We have stayed at Homeplace a few times a year since August of 2009. It really is a home away from home. Well-kept with an old-fashioned flavor. The food is tasty and the hospitality is unsurpassed by anything I've experienced in over 30 years of travel to more than 20 countries. I have business in Lexington next month and plan to stay in Wilmore at the Homeplace.

Room Tip: Favorite room is at the top of the stairs on the right - facing Lexington Ave.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Lawrenceburg, Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We stepped into warmth, shalom and sunshine when we walked through the front door of the Homeplace. A cheery woodstove and the hand-painted flowers on the kitchen tile made my husband and I want to pull up a comfy chair and enjoy the inviting cup of tea we were offered. The owners, Art and Carol Miller, welcomed and served us with friendly smiles and accommodating spirits. The parlor is a cozy place to relax and enjoy books or catch up on the news. We slept in one of the two upstairs bedrooms and experienced a restful and quiet night’s sleep. The spaciousness and cleanliness of the bathroom made it a pleasure to use. Carol asked us if we would want coffee before breakfast and graciously provided that for us. The Millers invest time and effort into the breakfast menu, and it has always been delicious. During our stays, we have been offered quiche, whole-wheat pancakes with strawberries and yogurt, or some other breakfast specialty. We find it a challenge to eat just one serving of whatever is offered because it is so tastefully prepared. And, there is has always been a plate of fresh fruit to delight our palette. If you are traveling around Lexington and want to create some unforgettable memories, stop in at the Homeplace.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We read the other reviews before going, but were nevertheless surprised by how homey the house and being there felt. Carol and Art were welcoming, warm, and friendly. They are easy to relate to and willing to talk as much as you want, while giving you quietness and space as you may need. Being from Atlanta, we much enjoyed the quietness of the location; it almost felt like be on a retreat. Everything was very clean, and the showers had instant heat and great pressure! Carol’s coffee and breakfast kicked off the day to a great start – it was diverse, tasted yummy and healthy at the same time. Also, the drive into Lexington is short and straight-forward, and the Guesthouse is a nice place to come back to. Thank you for sharing your house and wonderful memories!!

Room Tip: One room is larger than the other, but both are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We stayed at “The Homeplace Guest House” in July 2011. We loved loved the place.
First the technical details: Rooms and the bathrooms were clean and ready for us, at the arrival. We felt at home. The night was very quiet and comfortable. Breakfast was ready on time. Actually, we woke-up to the pancake smell. Safe place.
Now the human part: The time we spent at “The Homeplace Guest House” was intellectually filling. Kids loved the house and its comfort. My wife and I enjoyed the long breakfast talk, about everything, with Art and Carol. Pancakes were very delicious and we now have the recipe, do not forget to ask for it on the way out. They were kind enough to mail our daughters found ring, weeks later after our departure. SELİM SANIN

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wilmore
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Comfort Inn Lexington South
#2 of 4 in Nicholasville
Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville
Baymont Inn and Suites Harrodsburg
The Corner House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Homeplace Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!