“Authentic but not Great”

El Jalisco Mexican Restaurant
Description: El Jalisco formula is simple: fresh ingredients, authentic recipes and expert assembly go into each and every one of our burritos, tacos, quesadillas and Mexican plates.
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Authentic Mexican food and a lot of it but I do prefer my Mexican a little more Americanized (Tex-Mex) with less queso blanco and more spice.

Reviewed October 15, 2011

Met a friend here for dinner and found it to be quite good and authentic. I loved the bright interior colors. I was not impressed with the parking, however. There needs to be another way of arranging the lot so more people can utilize it better and that is my only complaint.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Restaurant options are few in Williamstown, Ky. This Mexican restaurant is a cut above the average in food and service. The decor is colorful and festive. I chose an entree that included grilled chicken, chorizo and mushrooms. It was excellent. The refried beans and spanish rice were average. Overall Eljaisco is a very good place to eat, drink and have a good time at reasonable prices.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

I pulled off the highway around dinnertime, hungry for anything, expecting to hit a McDonald's or some other fast food place, but came on a whim when we saw the ad on the highway sign. It was the best decision made during the entire road trip.

The parking lot was packed, but there were still plenty of spots. We parked and went inside just as it began to rain, which made our visit even more serendipitous. We were greeted by an amazingly friendly staff, and an enormous menu, with many vegetarian entrees to choose from, and even more meat-containing ones-- including many with fresh seafood! I ordered the vegetarian fajitas, and my mother ordered arroz con pollo at the recommendation of our server. In the meantime, we gorged ourselves on the delicious and fresh-tasting salsa and chips. The portions were huge, and the taste was incredible. We drove away stuffed (for under $20!) and so, so happy.

Reviewed March 2, 2010

This place has good food but the place needs a thorough scrubbing of the walls and floor. There is also a serious parking problem, last time I went there there was chaos in the parking lot. Customers were parking everywhere making it very unsafe to park. The nearby business was trying to adjust the traffic since the restaurant traffic was obstructing their access.

Also the food is really expensive here.