“Convenient and Clean!”

Cumberland Inn and Museum
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Convenient and Clean!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We have passed this hotel multiple times while traveling and have never stayed but decided to break up our trip....

Cumberland Inn is a very clean and comfortable place to stay. Very reasonable rates and plenty of room for our family of five. We stayed in the Kleist Suite -- the beds were comfortable and the from was spotless!

The staff was very nice and you could tell they were paying attention to the details! Breakfast was included and was okay... Eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, make you own waffles and cereal was available as well.

We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Douglasville, Georgia
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stopped at the Cumberland Inn to break up a long road trip. Coupon in hand, we cautiously approached the entrance. From the outside, everything looks neat and orderly. Once you walk throuh the lobby doors, holy smokes what an entrance! The Cumberland Inn looks like an antebellum mansion and I was waiting for Scarlett to come down the cascading double staircase at any moment. The staff was extrodinarilly kind, friendly, and helpful. We were road weary and ready for bed so after a quick dinner down the street at a wonderful Mexican restaurant, we flopped into the most comfortable beds. Seriously, I have stayed at Hilton properties with worse beds than this. Very comfortable, very clean, and very affordable qualities make the Cumberland Inn one of the best hotel stays I've had. We did not eat dinner at the on site steakhouse, but the menu looked very reasonable with lots of variety. We did, however, enjoy the complimentary hot breakfast. The waffles were really good as was the biscuits and sausage.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan, United States
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We stayed at the Cumberland on our way home from a trip to FL with my brother and his wife. It was just a wonderful place to stop. The room was beautiful and quiet, and Very spacious! The complimentary breakfast was wonderful! My husband and I cannot wait to make our next visit there. I suggest it to all my family and friends that travel from Michigan.- S.J.Oliverio

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
papartin, General Manager at Cumberland Inn and Museum, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon! We love guests like you.
Cincinnati
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my third time staying at Cumberland Inn. Each time has been a very nice experience. This time I heard a little more noice because the room was located in the pet friendly area. But that was only issue and that isn't much of an issue because after 8 pm, everything was quiet.
The bed was comfortable and the room was spotlessly clean, bathroom modern and plenty of strong hot water in the shower. That is always a plus.

The front desk respresentives were great and helpful.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
papartin, General Manager at Cumberland Inn and Museum, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your business.
Have an Excellent Day!
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 20, 2013

My sisters met me halfway between Ohio and Georgia and I chose The Cumberland Inn since I had passed so many times in the past traveling from Ohio to visit my family in GA. It was so much nicer than I even imagined. I selected a suite since it was 3 of us and it was just perfect for a sisters' visit for a few days. The beds were fabulous, the decor was beautiful, the staff was so friendly and wonderful. We ate in the restaurant the first night and the food and service was wonderful. We took some wonderful pictures in the beautiful lobby that we will always treasure! We also really enjoyed the Museum and the cross exhibit- that was amazing! Thanks for a wonderful visit and we will certainly plan to visit again! Great job Cumberland Inn!!

Room Tip: The suites are so affordable and so worth the extra money!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
papartin, General Manager at Cumberland Inn and Museum, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for leaving the wonderful feedback and letting other travelers know of your experience. The staff enjoyed you and your sisters staying with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Ohio, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here on our way to our vacation destination, and liked it so much we made a special stop on the way home to stay another night!! The service was excellent, the decor was tasteful, and the beds were beyond comfortable. The breakfast was the best I have ever had. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, toast, fresh fruit, and juice, just to mention a few. I hope we get a chance to stay there again soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gina Y
papartin, General Manager at Cumberland Inn and Museum, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Start the day right with a good breakfast and it was great to hear you enjoyed it. Thank you so much for your glowing review. The staff hopes that we will be able to welcome you back again soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

My job has brought me to the Willimasburg KY area 2 to 3 times a year for the past 10 years. I have stayed at the Cumberland Inn everytime except for 1. When I am in the area it is the only place I will stay. The rooms are always clean and all of the staff that I have encountered have always been friendly and helpful. Due to the hours I work I have only eaten in the restaurant one time and that was before it was a steak house. If you are traveling I-75 through the Williamsburg area it is the place to stay. I will be staying there again next week.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for leaving the wonderful feedback and letting other travelers know of your experience! It is appreciated and valued. We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Corbin
#1 of 12 in Corbin
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Best Western Corbin Inn

Been to Cumberland Inn and Museum? Share your experiences!