“Hidden Gem.”

Cumberland Inn and Museum
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed January 22, 2012

I almost don't want to review this hotel, as I want to keep it all to myself ..lol. However, that just wouldn't be fair to the Cumberland Inn, Williamsburg Kentucky.
This is actually the 2nd time we've stayed, and I do want to get into a habit of staying here more on our trips to Florida .. or even Kentucky!
It is a lovely place. The Registration Entrance has the most Beautiful Double Spiral Staircase that I can imagine my daughter cascading down on her Wedding day! I seriously consider this, and they haven't even set a date..lol.
The Staff are to be commended!! So polite, friendly, and accomodating!
We had been driving all night, and were just EXHAUSTED .. we stopped in at around 10am .. and weren't sure if we'd have to wait until check in time .. The Staff were absolutely amazing, understanding of our situation, and got our room right away .. and off to sleepyland we were! Thanks to all of you .. such kindness, and hospitality!!!
Rooms were lovely, tasteful, and immaculate!
Beds were sooooo Comfy .. I think we all died as soon as we hit the pillows.
What can I say? The whole place is Gorgeous, Immaculate .. oh, and they are just opening the New Steak House!!!
Anyway, we will definately be back again, and again ... LOVE IT!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed December 31, 2011

What a jewel of a place tucked away in small-town Williamsburg, KY! We were looking for a venue to host a 50th anniversary party for my parents and chose the Williamsburg Inn simply for how beautiful it was inside. I had so many delicious choices for the menu, and at a very reasonable price. The food was bountiful and the staff who served were very gracious "hosts". I left the decor up to the staff and it was so very tasteful and perfect, with two gas fireplaces adding to the atmosphere. The staff bent over backwards to accomodate our needs and wishes for the day. I would choose the Inn without hesitation if I needed to host another similar event.

Room Tip: We used the double room with the two fireplaces and an atrium type window. Loved it!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 3, 2011

We overshot our night destination and frantically sought a hotel further up the road, the Hampton Inn was full so I checked the rates on this place and it was only $10 more than the best rate everywhere else. So we booked it, and then literally couldn't believe our eyes, the lobby is phenomenal, decorated for Christmas like the Biltmore, the room is really a suite (yes! for $10 more than the standard local hotels!), spacious living room with the comfiest couch, kitchen area with microwave, good size kitchen sink, cabinet, dishes and mini fridge, queen Anne dinette. carpeted dressing area, black marble bathroom (POSH, lemme tell ya), fabulous shower, fabulous bed. I felt like I was staying at someones house, the rooms and the hallways are decorated with Ray Harm prints (for you animal lovers, I have never seen so many) the complimentary breakfast was wonderful, the staff courteous and if you have a chance to check out the museum (I didn't), I bet it is great too. I have never been so impressed with the value of a hotel, even if it means a little more driving or a little less road for the night, STAY HERE, not there (wherever there is). The only downside, it is very close to I-75 so you will hear the traffic at night (bring earplugs)

Room Tip: If you are really tired and want it super quiet, ask for a corner room, we were in 206, it seemed li...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2011

This place is a jewel. Beautiful and very well maintained. Rooms were very big with incredibly comfortable beds. I am a department head at a large luxury hotel and I am more than impressed. This place does it right...BRAVO!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel was so clean and the entrance to the hotel was georgeous. We took many pictures of the grandchildren on the staircase and in front of the huge fireplace. The pool area was very clean and the water was very warm. The only comment of a small change would be the lighting was a little dim for me. The room was adequate and they even brought us a rollaway and moved a chair to accomodate our family of 5. The bathroom was small, but very clean and supplied well. Their is a coupon in the travel magazines and it made our stay very very afordable. The breakfast buffet was served in a nice dining room with table cloths on the table good practice for manners and the wow factor. We will keep this hotel on our to stay at location when traveling to Florida in January.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The conference center has at least three buildings so you may need to go outside to get to the dining room or the pool (if you want to use the pool or hot tub ask for that specific building to stay in). The rooms are sparkling clean and decorated very nice. Beds are super comfortable. The continental breakfast is in a formal dining room with white table cloths. Pool area has glass ceiling with panels that can open and is surrounded with sliding glass doors so the area is not humid. We only just discovered this gem because there was a coupon in one of the hotel books at the Kentucky Welcome Center!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

What a grand entrance. Reminds one of a splendid southern plantation house. This wonderful inn situated along I75 is owned and operated by the University Of The Cumberland and staffed by the students. Our room was very tasteful and comfortable. The free breakfast buffet in the morning was served in a grand dining room instead of the typical closets offered by many motels. We did not get a chance to tour the attached historical museum but will do so on our next visit on our way to Florida in November.

Room Tip: If our room was typical then they should all be all good.
  • Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Corbin
#2 of 12 in Corbin
Baymont Inn & Suites Corbin
Pine Mountain State Resort Park

Been to Cumberland Inn and Museum? Share your experiences!