“Decent but Room Doors Need Updating”

Super 8 Williamsburg
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
Seattle, Washington
“Decent but Room Doors Need Updating”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stopped after a very long and tiring travel day over Labor Day weekend. I arrived in the middle of the night. The front desk clerk was very friendly and welcoming.....he even saw me coming and opened the door for me! It was a wonderful surprise after my long day! He was understanding and didn't mind repeating things a couple times so my tired mind understood! The room was decent. The doors are to the outside and look like the original doors. They didn't seem very secure. The side building where my room was at was at the back of the hotel with a woods behind it. There are no elevators....only the old time outside stairways. That made for a noisy room when people were coming and going. The beds were comfortable enough for a night. One weird thing for me....the bathroom sink counter had an unusual design on it. It looked like there was blood or something that wasn't cleaned up. It's was clean and a new counter but had that strange look to it. In the morning I was awakened to a band practicing really close by. They served a continental breakfast. I was not able to enjoy it as I arrived so late the night before. The owners checked me out the next morning and seemed professional.

Room Tip: My room was in the 3rd building in the back. It might seem less secure for some people. There are no...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wolfangel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Huntington, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Have been staying for the last 3 years during a family reunion. Every year has been a diaster. This year was the worst. I was double charged for my stay. Contacted the manager and was told sorry, I will reverse one of the charges. After 5 weeks of trying to get my money back I had to go to my bank for help. My bank was able to get my money back. All I got from the Manager as well as their corporation customer sevice was the run around with no help. I will never stay here every again and would advise EVERYONE to do the same. I ask to speak to the owner and was told by the manager that would not be posible. If you stay here you are asking for a real nightmare....

Room Tip: Room sucked, management was no help, will regret staying here... Don't stay here, you would bett...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jerry L

Travelers are raving about these Williamsburg hotels

Willard, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We have stayed at this Super 8 several times in our motorcycle trips to TN and NC. The front desk staff are always courteous and friendly. We stayed in room 122 which was poolside. The bed was very comfortable, owner replaced mattress's and we had a good nights sleep. There is a Mexican resturant right next door that is good. It is a "dry country" so if you want some liquid refreshments you will need to stop and buy before entering this county. Corbin is only 20 miles or so from there and they are not dry.
We would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Whipper226
Elizabeth, Indiana
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had to attend a funeral at Williamsburg (the sad part). The Hotel was only about 5 or 10 minutes from the funeral home. When we arrived in town we had several choices of restaurants, all within 5 minutes of the hotel. A few shopping stores were near too. The check in time was fast and my reservation was great, no mess ups. The hotel employees were well above the norm. We had the continental breakfast the next morning (it had a very nice attendant) it was lovely/pleasant, with lots of items to choose from. Check out was very fast. Everything we were promised was in the room i.e.….1 KING BED NON-SMOKING ROOM WITH - FREE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST, FREE - WI-FI, REFRIGERATOR AND MICROWAVE. Also cable TV with a medium size LCD TV. The pool was open from10:00 AM till 10:00 PM. The ice machine worked, plus free coffee all day long. I received the AAA discount and saved some money (about half price of the other hotels in the area). I would stay at ANY super 8 hotel in the future, especially this one.

Room Tip: We were in room 103
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank P T
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

We brought our children to ky splash but out was closed friday due to weather. We decided to stay at Super 8. We got military discount. Room was clean. Beds were super soft. Breakfast was good. Staff was all super nice. We will stay again at Super 8. Thank you

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Crasar82
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 21, 2012

My family traveled down to Williamsbug to attend a wedding. We booked several rooms and they were not updated at all like it stated on the wedsite and you have to request rooms with microwaves and refrigertor's they are not in all rooms. The shower curtains had mold on them and bathrooms smelled on sewer. Upon check out we waited 45 minutes to realize that out rooms had all been charged on one card and they refused to let us pay sepatly unless we wanted to wait for a manager. None the less all of the cards were charged for all the roooms. Manager was very nice in trying to correct this in the beginnging but became incresassingly aggitated along with the owner.... we ended up having to have the bank reverse the charges! Very sad costumer service, unclean rooms, not updated... I would NEVER stay there again. Nicer hotels just down the street!!!

Room Tip: Stay Somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Thank you Super 8 for having rooms available on 5/19/12 and for having AFFORDABLE rates, CLEAN room and very spacious room!!! Thank You. We did not visit the resturant or fitness center this visit. I will book with Super 8 going forward

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank zfrommi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin
Red Roof Inn Whitley City
Red Roof Inn Whitley City
#1 of 1 in Whitley City

Been to Super 8 Williamsburg? Share your experiences!