“Little pricey”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
Saginaw, Michigan
“Little pricey”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very, VERY clean hotel. Has both non-smoking and smoking rooms but are seperated by floors. Pool can be a little chilly but I have stayed here several times and won't complain. Staff has always been friendly and helpful, although I did ask for a late check out last time (grandsons graduation) and they wanted to charge me for an entire night, which I didnt think was right, not like they needed the room. I travel to this area several times a year, have stayed at another hotel in town (never again though) and although I pay more to stay here it is worth it.
The free breakfast is fine and they change it daily so you dont get the same two or more days in a row.
Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Smokers on third floor non-smokers on first 2.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Tom M
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I apologize if you were not able to have a late check out. We are only able to do up to a 1pm check out. This gives our housekeepers enough time to clean the room and prep in for the next guest. I would also like to thank you for the recommendations. We will see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed February 28, 2013

My husband is a trainer in corrections do we have to travel quite a bit and have stayed in several hotels. This hotel was by far the best we have visited! The room was immaculate, the bathroom was GORGEOUS & stocked full of amenities, tons of lighting, comfortable beds, whiter than snow sheets, and a fitness area & pool that were perfect! At one point during the stay, we ran out of coffee & the desk clerk not only immediately ran to get us some but also made us a fresh pot in the lobby! The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast other than some of the best oatmeal I've ever had with fresh berries & nuts! We had a chance to stop in at Henkelmann's Wildlige Museum which was amazing. Though we live about 4 hours away, I've mentioned to my husband that this would be the perfect hotel & area to just get away! If all Hampton Inns are this nice, they have a customer for life!!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Awood123
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and for all the amazing things that you had said about our Hampton and our TEAM. We do appreciate you and your husband choosing to stay with us and very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We arrived late at night, and got our room very quickly. The young woman working at the reception was very friendly, and also asked us afterwards if we were happy with our room. The room was clean and very quiet, and everyone slept well.

Breakfast the next morning was typical Hampton Inn breakfast. I usually go for the oatmeal and tea, so I can't comment on the other items though. I only wish - as always - that there was soy milk for the oatmeal/cereal/tea available (at least upon request).

The hotel was very easy to find and located near several big roads. The area itself didn't look like anything special, but it was a convenient stop on a road trip. There is a huge Wal-Mart across the street, in case you need anything during your stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank applesaucedk
I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will pass on your kind words to the TEAM. Hope to see you on your next travel through the area.
Dayton
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here after tiring of driving over the mountains in snow in the dark - it was well worth the AAA rate price we paid. The only thing that disappointed was the breakfast - one carafe of coffee was cold and gross and the hot items (premade omlettes and sausage gravy) were not of the caliber we've had at other Hampton Inns.
If you have a family with small children, the rooms with two queens are not very big, but we tucked our travel crib in between the beds and slept very, very well on the absolutely awesome beds. I was so tempted to steal a pillow... they were heavenly ;-)
(Dear Hampton Inn Williamsburg, please note, I did not steal a pillow)
Close to WalMart, across from Burger King, and next to Crystal Burger... right off the highway! First exit with any civilization as you cross over from Tennessee headed north on 75.

Room Tip: If you're on the second floor, request a room near the stairs on either end of the building, bec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lina G
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels. We have worked on our breakfast, so thank you for the input because it does help. Very glad that you enjoyed the pillows and you can order them on www.hampton.com under myhamptoncollection. Again thank you.
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 nights. It is close to a wally world and a few restaurants. Nothing else major close by so keep that in mind. The room was clean and quiet. The front desk people were very helpful.

Room Tip: Not much around in the area in terms of services.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kuwells
Thank you all the nice words! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the TEAM treated you well. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area!

Tammy Jo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a nice, clean room that is much nicer than most of the other hotel options in the area. Our room was quiet and we had plenty of pillows and towels. Our big complaint is that there was no hot water for our showers in the morning! And we were meeting up with guests who were staying in several other rooms on different floors, and they did not have hot water, either! Apparently if too many guests decide to take showers around the same time, there is not enough hot water- which is pretty unacceptable for a Hampton. The breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast and good. We'd stay here again if/when in the area, but I'd definitely ask about the hot water situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cla11103
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Good afternoon. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I know that it was awful that there was no hot water, and we want to aplogize for that and can promise you that it will not happen again. We had two hot water heaters go down but are fixed now, I know that doens't help now but want to assure you that on your next visit you will have hot water. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Hampton Inn's across the country. My father and I were on our way home from an emergency trip to the Outter Banks and had just driven 14 hours through a terrible snow storm in the Smokey Mountains. I was shaking and beyond stressed. When I arrived at the front desk to inquire about a room, I felt like Shawn, the front desk clerk, was looking at me like I was crazy. I kept trying to get him to at least say something nice by saying things to him like "Whew, that was a terrible storm in the mountains", or "I'm still shaking after that drive". He would just look at me and made no effort to make me feel better.

I am by no stretch a big baby but I always get great service and am made to feel welcome at any Hampton Inn I stay at. It was almost like I was trying to give this fella every chance to be nice. So I just figured he was having a bad night or that's just his personality.

I went to my room and came back down for a hot coffee. A large rush of travelers started to filter through and check in. He was over the top nice to every single one of them. At that point, I was just annoyed.

The room was great, comfortable, clean and everything you would expect a HI to be. My father had accidentally left his sweatshirt in the lobby while we were getting the coffee the night before and when we inquired at the desk the next morning the woman said that Shawn had not logged a found sweatshirt but she would go look just to make sure. She did find it but.... it was just one more thing that he did to irritate me.

Shawn... it was you, not me. Don't be so blah to your guests.

Room Tip: Good breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hlalwine
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am glad that you made it through that storm safely. It was a bad one for sure. I am so sorry that you were mistreated by our front desk team member and thank you for letting me know. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that your fathers sweatshirt was found.
I can promise you that on your next visit to the area you will be treated with full "Hamptonality"
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you a Happy New Year.
Tammy Jo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Cumberland Inn and Museum
Hampton Inn Corbin
#2 of 12 in Corbin
Best Western Corbin Inn
Holiday Inn Express Corbin

Been to Hampton Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!