“Sparkling new, clean, COMFORTABLE hotel!”

Hampton Inn Williamsburg
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Williamsburg
Dayton
“Sparkling new, clean, COMFORTABLE hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here after tiring of driving over the mountains in snow in the dark - it was well worth the AAA rate price we paid. The only thing that disappointed was the breakfast - one carafe of coffee was cold and gross and the hot items (premade omlettes and sausage gravy) were not of the caliber we've had at other Hampton Inns.
If you have a family with small children, the rooms with two queens are not very big, but we tucked our travel crib in between the beds and slept very, very well on the absolutely awesome beds. I was so tempted to steal a pillow... they were heavenly ;-)
(Dear Hampton Inn Williamsburg, please note, I did not steal a pillow)
Close to WalMart, across from Burger King, and next to Crystal Burger... right off the highway! First exit with any civilization as you cross over from Tennessee headed north on 75.

Room Tip: If you're on the second floor, request a room near the stairs on either end of the building, bec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lina G
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your travels. We have worked on our breakfast, so thank you for the input because it does help. Very glad that you enjoyed the pillows and you can order them on www.hampton.com under myhamptoncollection. Again thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for business for 2 nights. It is close to a wally world and a few restaurants. Nothing else major close by so keep that in mind. The room was clean and quiet. The front desk people were very helpful.

Room Tip: Not much around in the area in terms of services.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank kuwells
Thank you all the nice words! I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the TEAM treated you well. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area!

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is a nice, clean room that is much nicer than most of the other hotel options in the area. Our room was quiet and we had plenty of pillows and towels. Our big complaint is that there was no hot water for our showers in the morning! And we were meeting up with guests who were staying in several other rooms on different floors, and they did not have hot water, either! Apparently if too many guests decide to take showers around the same time, there is not enough hot water- which is pretty unacceptable for a Hampton. The breakfast was the typical Hampton breakfast and good. We'd stay here again if/when in the area, but I'd definitely ask about the hot water situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank cla11103
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Good afternoon. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. I know that it was awful that there was no hot water, and we want to aplogize for that and can promise you that it will not happen again. We had two hot water heaters go down but are fixed now, I know that doens't help now but want to assure you that on your next visit you will have hot water. Again thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I have stayed at hundreds of Hampton Inn's across the country. My father and I were on our way home from an emergency trip to the Outter Banks and had just driven 14 hours through a terrible snow storm in the Smokey Mountains. I was shaking and beyond stressed. When I arrived at the front desk to inquire about a room, I felt like Shawn, the front desk clerk, was looking at me like I was crazy. I kept trying to get him to at least say something nice by saying things to him like "Whew, that was a terrible storm in the mountains", or "I'm still shaking after that drive". He would just look at me and made no effort to make me feel better.

I am by no stretch a big baby but I always get great service and am made to feel welcome at any Hampton Inn I stay at. It was almost like I was trying to give this fella every chance to be nice. So I just figured he was having a bad night or that's just his personality.

I went to my room and came back down for a hot coffee. A large rush of travelers started to filter through and check in. He was over the top nice to every single one of them. At that point, I was just annoyed.

The room was great, comfortable, clean and everything you would expect a HI to be. My father had accidentally left his sweatshirt in the lobby while we were getting the coffee the night before and when we inquired at the desk the next morning the woman said that Shawn had not logged a found sweatshirt but she would go look just to make sure. She did find it but.... it was just one more thing that he did to irritate me.

Shawn... it was you, not me. Don't be so blah to your guests.

Room Tip: Good breakfast.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hlalwine
Tammy Jo C, General Manager at Hampton Inn Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 5, 2013
I am glad that you made it through that storm safely. It was a bad one for sure. I am so sorry that you were mistreated by our front desk team member and thank you for letting me know. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and that your fathers sweatshirt was found.
I can promise you that on your next visit to the area you will be treated with full "Hamptonality"
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we wish you a Happy New Year.
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

I stayed here unexpectedly during a bad snow storm that prevented me from traveling to my original destination. Many people were getting off the highway for the night due to bad weather. The guy at the front desk was very accommodating considering the large crowd that was developing in the lobby. After the "rush", I even got a phone call in my room to make sure everything was fine. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was comfortable. It was a very relaxing place to stay after a stressful drive!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank teachms
Good morning! I glad that you made it here safely. I am pleased to see that you were enjoyed your stay here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg KY. Thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you again when you come to this area.
Thank you and Happy New Year.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent one night here on our way to Florida. The hotel staff was very friendly and the beds were very comfortable. The duvets were fabulous. I was a little disconcerted when we saw sticky notes on the bed with the comment, "Duvet covers and sheets are clean for your arrival." I thought they were suppose to be clean! The room was clean except or crumbs along the wall under the windows. The bathroom was immaculate. We had requested a quiet room, which it was until about 8:30 p.m. At that point the people in the room next to us starting yelling and hitting the walls as though they were wrestling. The children were running up and down the halls. When this contined, we finally called the desk at 10:00. It was quiet shortly after that. The walls are thin and you can clearly hear people peaking in the halls. My primary complaint is the fact that there were no tongs available at breakfast with which to serve yourself bagels and pastries. The woman in front of me requested them and was told "we don't use them here". When I asked for tongs, I was told "We don't need them. People just take the one they want." A few minutes later I observed a young woman licking her fingers. She then went over to the bagels, picked one up and then put it down and chose something else . We were out of there pretty quickly and skipped the rest of our breakfasts.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Travelgirl284
I would like to start off by thanking you for choosing to stay with us, and than apologize for the response of the request for the tongs. We most defianately use tongs, I wish that I knew why they had given you that awful answer but I do not. I would like to thank you for this information and if you could let me know what nights you stayed so I can find out and fix this issue.
Again thank you for choosing to stay with us and I can promise you that on your next visit to the area we will make your stay wonderful.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2012

Spent the night on our way to Gatlinburg. Convenient to highway, Walmart is across the street if you need anything, the hotel looks really new, high ceilings and modern decor. We had a king room with a pullout sofa, huge bathroom. The bed was so comfortable and the sheets were amazingly soft! We arrived late at night and there was still coffee, tea and cookies waiting for us in the lobby. Breakfast buffet was delicious with a wide variety of choices. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in the area!

Room Tip: Hotel seemed solid and even the first floor had high ceilings.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Williamsburg. I am pleased to see that you enjoyed you visit and we hope hope to see you on your next trip to the area. Have a great new year.
Tammy Jo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamsburg
Cumberland Inn and Museum
Hampton Inn Corbin
#2 of 12 in Corbin
BEST WESTERN Corbin Inn
Red Roof Inn & Suites Corbin

Been to Hampton Inn Williamsburg? Share your experiences!