“Hometown excellence”

Ranked #7 of 13 Restaurants in Whitley City
Cuisines: American
“Hometown excellence”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I frequent here getting my favorite dishes in a timely manner from a friendly staff. You have a home cooking taste restaurant served at a fast food pace. I highly recommend it

2 Thank Compuwiz

Whitley City, Kentucky, United States
“Excellent service”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I frequent this place often. It still has the home town atmosphere and friendly service. The food is excellent and is more like restaurant food used to be before they became chain fast food joints, but they do a good job at trying to be just as quick with your order. A great place to eat!!!!

Visited September 2012
Dayton, Ohio
“Smoking Still Tolerated in this Greasy Spoon Cafe:(”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My son and I were passing through this southern Kentucky town and we wanted to imbibe on some southern home cooking. I asked a likely local citizen where we could get a home-styled lunch. He pointed across the street to the Burger Hut. We entered the small cafe and stood around the entrance waiting for someone to seat us; no one approached us so we found our own table. The menu was fairly extensive but 90% of the entrees were either pizza or some concoction of fried something baskets. My son ordered an omelet and I had the chicken fingers basket - fries and cole slaw came with that. We each ordered sweet teas. The food was hot and not too bad for taste. The ice teas came in 32 ounce styrofoam cups. Two tables away a man was smoking up a storm; no one cared. Apparently Whitley City didn't get the word that there was a law against smoking in restaruants. As we checked out we noticed a poster of the 10 Commandments on the wall near the front of the cafe. There was a donation jar accepting money for the defense fund for 10 Commandments trial the county lost a couple of years ago. Interesting place - take my word for it and don't go there.

• Visited July 2011