“Glorious hole in the wall...”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Campbellsville, Kentucky, United States
“Glorious hole in the wall...”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Two words: big brown. If a hot brown and a cheese burger fall in love, this is the lovely baby that is produced. Outdoor seating makes this the perfect spot on a fall or spring day. I went on a Saturday, and offer this advice: beat the lunch rush by going before noon. At 12 sharp, the line was out the door, the tables were full, and there was no parking. Of course, these signs all let you know you've found a real gem...

• Visited June 2014

Petersburg, Indiana
“Tasty food in a rustic and relaxed atmosphere.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try this out-of-the-way place on a return trip from North Carolina to Indiana and were so glad that we made the side trip to get there. I ordered the fried oyster Po boy and my wife ordered the fried fish with hush puppies and french fries basket. Both came with slaw. The po boy had a chipotle mayonnaise slaw, onion, and tomato topping and was excellent. My wife really enjoyed the fried fish and said it tasted very fresh. For dessert we tried the homemade bourbon honey ice cream and the Kentucky blueberry buttermilk ice cream. Both were great and had the texture of handcranked homemade ice cream. There is some indoor seating but the weather was beautiful and we sat on the deck at a picnic table in the rear of the building. There are also picnic tables under the trees on the lawn with volleyball and horseshoes available to play if you choose. This is just a simple place in the middle of horse country with homemade food and artisan sandwiches that are very tasty. We had a great time.

Blythewood
“Scenic drive to this food Mecca!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I'll have to give my husband credit for "hunting" this gem in the middle of horse country. I don't think you would just happen on Wallace Station. Very non-assuming building in the middle of a neighborhood. Getting there we drove by some of the most beautiful horse farms you can imagine. And if that wasn't reward enough, the food is incredible. We argued for a minute on whether we should get two sandwiches, and my husband was right. We only needed one! He had the Reuben and I had the pimento cheese, country ham panini. Wow! They were huge! One sandwich enough for two unless you are not going to eat again for the rest of the day. Better yet, they were delicious. We sat outside under a big tree and it was lovely. You've got to go out of your way and try Wallace Station. You won't regret your decision. I'll guarantee it! On our next trip to KY, we will definitely make it a must do.

• Visited July 2014
Lexington, Kentucky
“Drive through horse country to find this gem”
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I have wanted to go to Wallace Station for ages. Before Guy Fierie went there. I finally made my way there on my way home from a trip to Louisville. The drive was spectacular, and the food was a worthy match. You know it's going to be good when you happen upon this uber remote place with a line out the door, and the line never shrinks while you're there! We decided to share the burger Guy endorsed, the Big Brown. Glad about that decision, because it is topped with some artery-clogging goodness! Half was plenty! We also opted to sub truffle fries for the chips, and thoroughly enjoyed those, with the garlic mayo dip. We also shared a bowl of the creamy chicken mushroom soup. It was worth repeating, though it needed to be warmer, and the delicious chunks of chicken were almost too big. But do not miss that soup, it's really good. We topped our meal off with the most heavenly lemon bar ever! The two of us managed to eat half of it, and had to bring the other half home because our eyes were bigger than our stomachs. (It is enormous. It is not a one-person dessert!)
This tiny little place has a very large, friendly staff. They were all working hard, and it seemed like they all jump in and do whatever needs to be done.
The only reason I am rating this very good rather than excellent is because they really need to look around and give everything a good cleaning. The gunk on the walls was kind of unappetizing, and things like the utensil holders have gotten just a little grimy. The real charm of this place is the totally casual vibe, but you don't have to sacrifice clean for casual.

Visited July 2014
“Best lunch ever!”
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Such a cute place tucked away in the middle of horse country!
Shady Lane Chicken Salad to die for! Large portions and a half of blueberry muffin that melts in your mouth!
My daughter got the Bourbon Trail Triple Crown.... Huge we took on layer of bread out and she ate the whole thing!
Husband got The Wallace Cubano slow cooked pulled pork.... Best sandwich he ever had!
It's a little bit out the way but well worth the beautiful drive to get there!
Also staff super friendly... They even let me charge my phone while I was there I forgot my charger.

• Visited July 2014