“Excellent lunch stop”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stopped here along the bourbon trail. They made wonderful sandwiches and burgers, including a nice kids menu. If you like pimento cheese, they make it right here. We also enjoyed a couple of desserts too. Friendly staff. Small seating area inside but they have lots of picnic tables on the patio in the back. They've tried to expand their outside seating because DDD made them so popular and now tour groups are stopping through too. There is a larger grassy area out back for kids to run around too. Fair prices and good serving sizes.

There are newer reviews for Wallace Station

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I love Wallace Station. Loved it even more before it was discovered. Crowded now but still worth it. I love the grilled pimento cheese and country ham sandwich. One sandwich is easily enough for two people. Food is fresh and tasty.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Guy was so right top 5 burgers. I had the Guy special. My wife had the hot brown sandwich. Came with chips. Cold beer and drinks. Lots of outside seating. It was so good we went back the next day. Mmmm good

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Went tonight with the wife and enjoyed it. I had the "famous big brown burger" and WOW! We will be going back soon....very soon

Reviewed March 30, 2014

While visiting the area to participate in the Run The Bluegrass my friend and I ate at Wallace Station twice. The food was very good and reasonably priced. On our first visit my friend had the Paige's Veggie Cheese which she said was awesome and I had the 1/2 Turkey Sandwich & Chicken & Mushroom Soup which were both very good. On the next day visit we both had the Beans and Cornbread.Yum on the Cornbread!! It's a small place but people seemed to move in and out so we had no problem getting a table though they were very busy. On the first visit the manager even took the time to draw us a map to help us get to our hotel which included a scenic drive to view the beautiful horse farms and countryside. Only tiny complaint we both had was we bought a couple of desserts to take with us and both of us thought they were dry. Other than that we loved Wallace Station and will return when back in the area.

Been to Wallace Station? Share your experiences!