“A Versailles Tradition”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Memphis, Tennessee
“A Versailles Tradition”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

If you are looking for authentic local food this is the place. This place is a favorite of the horse crowd workers, NOT owners and high rollers but the people that do the daily work of raising, training and racing horses.

Excellent food, noted for their large breakfast and large lunch sandwiches. A unique little place, full of history and tradition.

Service is not the best but the prices are reasonable, and the food is great.

Medina, Ohio
“A Gem of a Restaurant - Worth Stopping In”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

During my research phase of planning for our Bourbon Trail trip, I had stumbled upon this restaurant while looking at Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It is well worth stopping in and tasting their delicious foods.

While driving in the car, with our GPS chirping away, I said to my wife, "I think I typed in the wrong address, because its just endless horse fences here!" We crested a hill and there it was. In the middle of a long country stretch, sat this very old building that had many purposes throughout its life. The most recent of which, being a very tasty restaurant!

The line was to the door but moved fast. We drooled at the gigantic cookies and pastries in the counter while waiting to order (but we resisted!). After ordering the Hot Brown Burger and a french fry appetizer, we sat down and waited. After 25 minutes, I approached and asked if it took that long to make the burgers. I thought, maybe they were that long because they are just that good hehe. Well, a computer error didn't print out an order slip for the cooks. The gentleman at the counter looked at me, apologized, and said that they take care of their customers there because that is what matters. The entire meal was refunded, as I sat there with a wide mouth and a stupefied look. I would have been content with a discount. We were promptly served our order and enjoyed the burgers and fries immensely. The employees are top notch, the food is outstanding, and customer satisfaction is #1 on their list. It is truly a hidden gem on a long Kentucky country road.

Columbus, Ohio
“Fun place...add it to your Bourbon Tour!!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We were referred to Wallace Station by some locals....they clearly knew what they were talking about!
A small, lively place (with a casual outdoor area), we had a great meal of salads and sandwiches.
It's not fancy but it is good.
Highly recommended!

• Visited September 2013
indiana
“on the bourbon trail”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

had heard of the restaurant from a person who had local knowledge. It is kind of out of the way, a very local restaurant, but soooooo worth it!! Great lunch, the bakery case looked amazing, but after having the truffle fries, and sharing a pannini sandwich (apple, brie and ham) could not have another bite. These people know how to cook. Go there!

• Visited October 2013
“Got to visit and eat here ”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Whether it's brunch, lunch or supper this is a very special place. Most food is homemade. Try the meatloaf sandwich. Out of this world. Hey you may have to sit outside or crowded inside but either way it's worth it. I always look forward to a Wallace Station Visit.