“Popular diner with live music, excellent salad and burger”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We detoured here (extra 10 minutes) for an evening pitstop on the way back from Lexington to Frankfort. We found a diner with plenty of local color, a live band, lots of diners, and no trouble in finding an excellent window table to enjoy a really big fresh chicken salad, and their standard burger.

The salad and burger each filled the cracks very well without being huge or outstanding in any way. Just what we wanted. Had we wanted breakfast, a more substantial starter, a main course, or a delicious cake, the menu had many interesting options.

If you come during the daytime, the detour between Lexington and Frankfort takes you through the beautiful bluegrass farming country.

Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

We visited after a perfectly wonderful day at Keeneland for the races. My husband and I along with the kids(7&9yo) went around 7pm...this was our second visit-last time we stumbled on it back in 2011 and had a great meal then, too. We ordered at the counter-not my fave thing to do but oh it's so worth it...last time we sat inside and there is a mux of horse racing memorabilia on the walls(which we love) along with local items of interest.This night the inside was pretty empty as there was live bluegrass music on the patio, so we found a table out there and waited for our food to be brought out...Great music, perfect fall night, cold West 6th Amber Ale, and then the food came. Ahhhh if we could only go back and have it all over again...the truffle fries were über delicious...my daughter got the Mediterranean Grill--a panini like sandwich and it was fantastic...my son and I had the burgers--his the Wally with bacon and mine the Santa Anita with Cheddar cheese instead of the pepper jack...Oh.My.Gosh. Best burger I've ever had, hands down, no contest, turn off the lights...I was hoping it would be good since Guy Fieri has their burgers on his Top 5 in the country list, and it surpassed my expectations. My husband had the Santa Anita Club, which he said was very good but more on the healthy side so definitely in 4th place...We had some decadent dessert as well--the pistachio cake was divine, the New York Cheesecake brownie was so rich and dark chocolatey and even the corn on the cob cookie was great(was skeptical of my son's choice of that one!) All in all, this is a Must Eat restaurant when in the Lexington area...Trust me, you will thank me with every bite:)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Excellent place for great sandwiches and more. Recently ate here for the first time on a Sunday afternoon. I had the Reuben which was very good; there was plenty of corn beef and the bourbon Mustard sauce added a great flavor. My husband had the country ham and pimento cheese sandwich. It was excellent. They had a number of wonderful looking bakery good, however we were to full to partake of these. Staff is friendly and service was very good. Really enjoyed this.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Totally worth the wait. Prices are reasonable, food is plentiful. Visit there every time we are in the area.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Decided to go to Wallace Station for lunch today since we were just over in Midway. Wow, they do not disappoint. I went for something different. The Bourbon Trail Triple Crown. Turkey, bacon, cheddar and etc. on toasted wheat. It was so huge that I had to cut it into smaller pieces just to eat and only ate half at that. Served with a pickle and chips at $8.50 it was a bargain. I took the other half home and had it for super.

There was a short wait in line but, well worth the wait. And besides it gave us time to read the menu and change our minds several times. If you're in the area don't miss it if you like big sandwiches. There are 10 different ones on the menu and range in price from $7.50 to $8.95 and two different for kids $3.95. They also have four different hamburgers, four salads, cole slaw and potato salad and two kinds of soups. I promise you won't leave hungry. And if you are still hungry after everything you get, there are fresh baked pies and cookies of all kinds of flavors.

On a nice day when there are no tables in the small dining area, you can go outside and sit on the deck or at a picnic table located around the grounds. A must stop if you're on the Bourbon Trail.

Been to Wallace Station? Share your experiences!