“Disappointing”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We had high expectations because the restaurants appeared on Diners, Dine-Ins and Dives show. We tried their signature burger and fries and were quite disappointed. The burger was overcooked and dry, the fries very average. NOT recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Since moving to this area a few years ago I've eaten here probably a dozen times. Everything I've had here has been great. If you travel there on Old Frankfort Pike its a beautiful drive through horse farms along a rock fence lined road. I've been here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and have never been dissatisfied. Never been there for the fried catfish on Friday evenings but the fried chicken on Monday evenings is great. I had a burger yesterday and it was great but I think the other sandwiches are where they shine.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you have ever been to this restaurant, then you KNOW about their french fries. Normally, we don't eat french fries with our breakfast, but we did and OH MY GOSH. These are the fries that are fried in duck fat and served with a garlic mayo and TONS of parmesan shredded cheese on top. I had their sausage biscuit. It was fine! My hubby had a GIGANTIC breakfast sandwich called the Breakfast Brown. It was enough for two people. The services was super friendly and they made you feel welcomed, even though they knew you were not a local! The next day my hubby and I went back for the french fries again, they were just as yummy the next time!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The food here is always great quality and most is locally grown or made. The servings are HUGE (on the sandwiches) which make them a good value. We always split the sandwich and get a salad and dessert from the bakery. Love the outdoor deck and simplicity and the drive there is one of the most beautiful in KY. I just wish they would compost those compostable cups and plates and left over food. Everything else is great.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Ok there are other reviews out there complaining about the size, temperature of the dining room, etc. Come on people this joint has been on Triple D and it is a dive. But all of the folks driving in from Knoxville to pack the place know this is a true diamond in the rough.

Their locally sourced natural beef was truly amazing. I am nearly 50 and I haven't tasted beef like this since I was a kid. My 16 year old daughter that also had a burger said, "wow this isn't even chewy, it's like creamy, this is amazing".

If you are traveling through the area it is definitely worth the 4 or so miles that it is off the interstate. We got there at about 12:15 pm on a Saturday on our way from Wisconsin to the Smokey Mountains. While we where waiting in line to order our food, our daughters were able to snag a table, and we got our food within about 10 minutes of ordering. The experience was very enjoyable.