“Food was good but I was expecting better after reading the reviews!”
Review of Wallace Station

Wallace Station
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Versailles
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wallace Station, just outside Midway in the heart of Bluegrass horse country and on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail, is a scenic stop for homemade sandwiches, soups, salads, an irresistable bakery case, and breakfast.
Radford, Virginia
“Food was good but I was expecting better after reading the reviews!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Three of us tried the lunch menu in the afternoon. The place was about 10% occupied so not too busy. We ordered three different hot sandwiches. The Reuben, the KY brown and the Santa Anita. The reuben was a bit dry and over cooked. The Ky brown which had rave reviews was dry, and the fries were either over cooked or leftover and reheated. They were hard and brittle. The tall lady server brought the food out with no greeting or welcome and just put the dishes down and walked away. I think she had no skills in waitressing! The Santa Anita burger was juicy, plump and delicious. We voted that the best. For dessert we tried the tiramisu and it was OK but not anything special. I would not drive out of the way to eat there although others have. I expected a much higher standard of cuisine and was rather disappointed that only one of the burgers was actually delicious. The cashier who took the order was really the only one person who was welcoming. I do not think I will be going back there. At $10 a burger I would expect something much better than what I got!

Oldsmar, Florida
“Terrific Sandwich "off the beaten path"”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Our horse farm tour driver stoppec at the Wallace Station to let us grab a lunch to go. Amazing that this sandwich shop is packed but not on the main highway. Very rustic but some terrific sandwiches. We had the homemade pimento cheese which was delcious (as we had eaten earlier). Just watching the sandwiches baskets being made, they all looked huge and tasty. Plus they had some fantastic cookies and brownies. It is worth the wait. They have a large seating area outside so don't panic when it looks like there are no seats inside.This is defnitely a hidden gem.

• Visited June 2012
Greenville, South Carolina
“Simple great food and a fun place”
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My wife and I went to have breakfast and got 2 different sandwiches which were both very good.
I will assume all the sandwiches are excellent.
The cookies looked to die for, but we controlled ourselves and didn't buy any of them.
This place in simple great fun foods that taste awesome.In fact we couldn't finish them so we took them with us for later.
The cost was very reasonable for the size sandwiches we ordered.
We need to go back to the area and will be eating at Wallace Station again.
A benefit was the drive to and from, we put the top down and enjoyed the scenic area filled with spectacular horse farms and nice fun driving roads.

• Visited May 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Wallace Station Deli and Bakery”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This is at least my third time to visit Wallace Station and have not been disappointed yet. If you are riding a motorcycle it is even more fun to get to. You get go through some of Kentucky's finest horse country. If you are a vegetarian, I would recommend the grilled cheese sandwich. All the sandwichs are good, but the desserts are the best. Cookies are large and thick and the lemon bars are better than chocolate.

• Visited May 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great burgers”
Reviewed May 11, 2012

One of us had the Big Brown (because Guy Fieri recommended it) and I had the Mediterrean Burger. Both were AWESOME!!

Visited March 2012