Montgomery Inn BnB
$51
Hotwire.com
Best Western Parkside Inn(Frankfort)(Great Value!)
$102
$109
Courtyard
$109
Residence Inn
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn(Lawrenceburg)(Great Value!)
$100
All reviewstara suiteallergic to catsyummy breakfastmy wife and isitting roomfood allergiesfront porchold housewonderful staybed was comfortablebourbon distillerieseach morningpamhostesstubmidwaylinens
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Looked nice on the site but very disappointing in pictures.
We had several rooms.
Two stunk pretty badly.
Breakfast was pretty good for what I wanted -- but it was quite over-priced for the quality of the overall experience.
I don't advise anyone to stay here.
Save your money and go some place decent.

Room Tip: We had three rooms, the smell seemed less bad in the upper floors
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CRAIG G
KentuckyInnkeeper, Owner at Montgomery Inn BnB, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Oh, Canada. "Full Definition of BAIT AND SWITCH

: a sales tactic in which a customer is attracted by the advertisement of a low-priced item but is then encouraged to buy a higher-priced one
: the ploy of offering a person something desirable to gain favor (as political support) then thwarting expectations with something less desirable
See bait and switch defined for English-language learners" from Merriam-Webster online.

It's straight up here--we have ten jacuzzi suites in varying locations of the Inn--the newer addition, the first and second floors of the Inn. Some are larger, each of them has been a favorite depending on what you are looking for. They have a price, all stated and taxes are additional here, not included as they are in Canada. There is no "upsell" so you need a different euphemism. The photographs of our rooms on our web site are actual photos and we tried to get several angles as some of the rooms are quite large-25x25' and three room suites, etc. The Equestrian Season is high season and the inn was full. The prices had not been raised (a couple actually lowered in the recession) in 5 years and we were lowered than any of our competitors yet I believe we offer more on many levels.

Now on to the problem and it was a big problem for me--I live here!

I believe we explained to you the unfortunate situation (more so for the opossum), that a critter we believe to be said opossum had crawled into an inaccessible spot (by people standard) beneath my office crawlspace in the old 100+yr old dirt portion of the basement, became trapped and died. Our local Critter Catcher used all of his tricks and we tried everything Google and facebook suggested as well, we ordered professional bombs for this and the masking of the odor was only modestly more tolerable than the poor dead opossom's carcass. We couldn't get to it to simply remove it--couldn't even get a glimpse of it. It was just tucked too far back. Our guy crawled and scooted in the damp dirt on his belly and it was far more pungent down there at the source--the guy deserves a medal. The smell was a waft as you passed by my office on the first floor. I'm certain it didn't permeate the second floor as there are separate climate control systems and the air from the basement would not be exchange with that on the 2nd floor. I had to move out of my office until nature ran its course, but none of the guests rooms even on the first floor had issues. This is horse country and there are farms and paddocks all around us, even though we are located in a residential area. Lots of wildlife--squirrels, chipmunks, groundhogs, raccoon families, deer and the notorious possums. We have a litter of 13 babies in the basement one spring. It was like a barrel of monkeys. The Critter Catcher came out and relocated them to a more rural habitat.

I think the majority of your group was from Indiana if I remember correctly, and they seemed to be having a great time which is what we love. That big porch with all my relatives hanging out recalling funny stories and catching up with each other, going bourbon tasting together, maybe catching some post Derby throughbred viewing out at the KY Horse Farm--while I'll stand by the quality our Inn, I think that scenario could have been a pup tent and it would have been a blast. To get to retreat to a luxurious soak in the jacuzzi tub and awake to a hearty gourmet breakfast with great coffee and teas, to compare notes with all you had seen and done with the other guests and getting tips for the day ahead--makes me remember why I bought this place to begin with. It smells great now by the way. We think it's the best of both worlds here--the original structure with the charm and quirks, the newer addition for those who prefer a more isolated privacy but can still partake in the main house at will. Big rooms, smaller ones, price ranges too. We've had a lot of happy reunions here over the years, looking forward to many more!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great find on the half way point of our bourbon trail adventure. Montgomery Inn is close to the North End of the trail. The room was clean, large and comfortable - double head shower & jacuzzi tub were added bonus! We were the only guests this night, and it was a quiet stay. Walking distance into Versailles for a casual dinner. Pam fixed us a nice and good breakfast before we got on our way. We would stay again if in the area, and will recommend to others! THANK YOU!!

Room Tip: The French Suite is at the back of a separate building from the main house. Not a great wifi signal, but that helped us enjoy the porch a little more. Great view of the sunrise - quiet back there!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited for a quick weekend trip to celebrate our anniversary. We loved it here! We stayed in the Tuscan, which was really cozy and cute. We especially loved the jacuzzi. The price on it was also fantastic. Pam and her family are so nice and made us feel at home. Her kids did a great job of serving breakfast and helping out. The food was delicious, the location was great, and everything exceeded our expectations. I told my boyfriend we needed to come back to Versailles just so we could stay here again. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed here one night in Feb as a weekend getaway from Cincinnati. Close to some great wineries and part of the Bourbon trail. About 20 mins from Lexington and Keeneland area. Nice rooms with big jacuzzi tubs in all rooms nice amenities, pleasant service and yummy breakfast. Pleasant relaxingplace to wind down after exploring the bluegrass state.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 10, 2013

A weekend surpise getaway for my wife that ended great at Montgomery Inn. We arrived mid-afternoon and were welcomed by Pam in a very friendly manner. She showed us to our room, the Admiral Room, that is inside the main house on the main floor.

There were very nice towels in the bathroom and by the jacuzzi as well as rugs for use at the jaccuzi and shower/tub. Very comfortable robes were also available. The room proved spacious and comfortable for my wife and I. My wife's interjection is the room was beautifully decorated and well furnished.

There were categorized movies we could borrow if we desired in the office.

We were quickly introduced to Ross and Michaela, her children, as it is a family run Inn. Ross later proved to be very knowledgeable about places to eat and the timing to avoid crowds, things to do, and was quick to let us know about some things that may be out of season. At Ross's suggestion, for close and good food, we ate at Melissa's Cottage Cafe. The price was surprising low and the food very good with good sized portions.

After returning to our room and enjoying the jacuzzi we ventured to the breakfast area for something to drink. There were plentiful mugs and glasses for use and many types of teas, coffee, etc as well as snacks. Michaela was an exceptionally mannered young woman who graciouly shared some specialty soda she had purchased for herself as she was passing by the breakfast area.

As we conversed with Pam, the innkeeper, we also met Justin, her husband. He proved exceptionally knowledgeable regarding the equine industry and was really a very nice person to chat with. Easy to say the "staff", or family, were exceptional to us.

We slept very well and my wife made a comment about wanting to get similar pillows as they were very comfortable.

Breakfast the next morning consisted of a frittata, biscuit, sausage, yoguart over fresh blueberries, and chocolate cake. Juices, coffee, teas were available too. VERY good! Pam also made sure we knew she could make eggs if we wanted or needed.

Needless to say we had an excellant stay and plan to return. We did miss out on playing with the cats, strictly outside, and Higgins, the dog.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple