“My reservation was cancelled without telling me”
Review of Montgomery Inn BnB

Montgomery Inn BnB
Ranked #5 of 7 Versailles B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2011

These people can not be trusted, I had a very bad experience with this place. I excepted a buy one/get one night deal and when I tried to call the owner about it, she was very sharp with me. I called later to ask if we could change our nights and after a few words of conversation, she hung up on me after saying, "Well, I guess this conversation is over". The third time I called to request an early breakfast, I told the person of my feelings that I had not been treated in a respectful manner, and she hung up on me and later cancelled my reservation and left me a message on my voice mail. Consequently, the plans we had made for the weekend had to be cancelled, due to the actions of the owner. I would NEVER stay here and would tell everyone to be aware.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank goldwingtravelers
KentuckyInnkeeper, Owner at Montgomery Inn BnB, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Living Social Customer Care and my attorney both agreed it is not necessary to allow anyone to come into my home and verbally abuse me (we find being cursed at distasteful) or attempt to run roughshod over us. The message you received when you did not take my call in person was simply this: "We have had a change of heart and we believe you would be happier at another Inn. Please contact Living Social at your earliest convenience to receive a full refund of your money." We strive to foster an atmosphere of convivial hospitality. I wish you well in your travels.

There are newer reviews for Montgomery Inn BnB

Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed at Montgomery Inn B&B over Labor Day weekend, and what a great choice it turned out to be. We stayed in the coveted French Room, which is very large, well furnished, and comfortable. Furnishings (all antique) included a settee, huge mirrored armoir (which actually hides the microwave and minifridge, as well as a compact stereo system), vanity, king sized bed, side table, dresser, and even the double sink in the bathroom is a converted antique buffet. The bed was VERY comfortable--both my husband and I often experience back pain when away from home, but not here. The premium bedding was also appreciated. We also had a flat screen television with the usual selection of cable channels (no premium channels, though). This room has a heart-shaped jacuzzi, but it is short on jets with only 3, just 2 worked, and they were very close together, but it was nice for a hot soak, and the TV could be turned so you could actually see it from the tub. There is a double-headed shower, but there is not enough room for two adults to share it. Bedding, towels, and robes were all high quality. There was ample closet space, extra pillows and bedding, as well as an iron and ironing board. There are no phones in the room, so if you are one of the few people who don't carry a cell phone, be advised. The only other small downside is that the French Room is too far from the main house to pick up their wireless signal, so we had no Internet access. Oh well, that isn't why we went there anyway!! Pam and her family were very friendly and helpful. Breakfasts both mornings we stayed were very good, and guests have access to coffee, tea, soft drinks, and a variety of snacks at your convenience in the spacious and lovely dining room. While you are in Versailles, be sure to have a meal at Melissa's Cottage Cafe about a mile away on Main St.--it's a local favorite, and we certainly found out why! Huge portions of good food at very reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Check their website before you book: www.montgomeryinnbnb.com
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We stayed in Versailles to meet with a long-lost friend who lives nearby, and the family owners were warm and helpful and went the extra mile to take care of us. One of the owners prepared eggs for us in addition to the amazing waffle she served for breakfast, as my husband made the reservations but is not used to planning ahead for his diabetic needs. Pam was gracious and generous to do this without making a fuss, and I will always be grateful. She and her husband were also helpful in assisting us to find a horse farm tour guide on short notice. We were comfortable during a regional heat wave and appreciated the jacuzzi bath and the air conditioning. We felt well tended to, as in the best hospitality, and would enjoy returning.

Room Tip: Rooms in old houses have quirks! We enjoyed the jacuzzi bath in our room and the air conditioning w...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We so enjoyed our stay at the Montgomery Inn. The inn keeper was truely fun to talk with during our late nights. She prepared a special meal for us as well as 2 friends from Versailles. Our room was cosy with room to spread out. I wish them great fortune in the endeavor. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
KentuckyInnkeeper, Owner at Montgomery Inn BnB, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

With a review like this I wish I had kept your money--I was well within my right. But it was clearly a "bad fit" and sometimes it is just better to call it a day. You admit I was friendly to you, and that I asked you what was wrong more than once--while you were out we could have easily changed a light bulb or wiped down a bathroom but the bathroom WAS clean and you wouldn't tell me. I posted extensive photos today because we had cancellations based on your words. When after the fact I sent these photos to one such lady she told me she wished she had seen them before she cancelled and made other arrangements. The mirror is very old and has blemishes in the glass that will not wipe away. The faucet was clean but frequent harsh chemicals and sanitizer has marred the two tone finish. The European style showers remove the need for a claustrophobic shower experience, and no used shower curtain cold and damp sticking to your backside--that is what I would deem "weird, gross". Many people choose the same suite-the Foxhunt, over and over again--they love the morning sun streaming in 4 full length windows. They find the rustic equestrian colors and the leather wingback chairs saddling the little electric stove with the flickering flame a great place to unwind after a full day. I don't know why the floor boards in the 2nd floor hallway are quirky--in a 103 yr old house I just loved it for all of it's charms-bumps and all. A mix of wifi, flatscreens, ipod docks, jacuzzi tubs and the history of a family who raised generations here and then the 4 families of innkeepers that followed, not to mention the guests from UN Ambassadors to TV and movie stars to grandparents, to race horse enthusiasts from owner-vet-trainer-to spectator and first time admirer, I think you see what you want to see. I'm sorry you didn't feel my son gave you enough of a welcome- 24 yrs old, an innkeeper for 7 years and a trained chef and hospitality management major, he is quite qualified to check in and care for guests. I was sitting down that day before all was cleaned up-my day began at 5:30 that morning and two of us fed and cared for 23 guests and then had 10 rooms checking out we were attempting to clean. You are absolutely correct-the guest who took a breakfast in late to his wife (which we usually don't encourage just for this reason) in the room and then stayed well beyond checkout time, "helped us" by bringing the plate back to the kitchen. I saw it, I intended to move it but frankly I was in need of a sit--no breakfast, no coffee, no lunch, just a break. The power of the written word is very strong. This was your first review. You weren't victimized, you didn't lose anything, you didn't like the layout of my house or the decor or how we run our business and you chose to leave. Why would you do this? If you didn't wish to walk through the kitchen you could have simply just parked in the circle drive and come straight in the front formal music parlor past the grand piano and right up to your suite. Being in the food industry for over 35 years--it is the kitchen hidden you should worry about. Photos are posted of the passage way for this too now and the kitchen. As for cleanliness, we are surprise- inspected by the health department regularly and we received a score of 100%. I went to medical school-I have doctorate level coursework in all facets of health and sanitation. What you saw as disorganized may have simply been a work in progress. There is a huge difference in not finished cleaning up and filth. It seemed as I carefully read and re-read your searing words and attack on my life's work, my livelihood, my home and my family member that the infliction of harm was deliberate, but then I had to remember that I was operating from a point of being tired-October for those who don't know brings in tens of thousands of people for the thoroughbred horse races. The Inn stays packed except for the two days the horses do not run, and we run also, trying to keep everything up to snuff while operating at full capacity. Those two days are our rest up/clean up and repair/go shop for supplies and attempt to maintain the minimums of our own life all while sharing our home and our every action-expression-conversation in a fish bowl. I hate that you didn't want to stay here, but I hate more that people who would have loved it as most do may read your harsh words and never give us a chance. You appeared to me as very serious about yourselves, the room you would spend a night in, etc, etc. and like I gathered it was just not the best fit for you. We work our tails off here and love doing it. I own a million dollars worth and 8600 sq ft of hundred+ yr old to 1990's addition yellow vinyl sided house. The serious historical preservationist would have torn that siding off before the closing papers were signed. I painted my porches black & white checkerboard and striped. This year I even piano striped the back steps! (My way of saying you're here to relax so lighten up-- We did! I had a 200 yr old house which I painted every summer for nine years-- life is short and carpal tunnel from painting is not my cuppa joe. Speaking of coffee--you missed out on some great brews, I had a tea room in that other old house and a restaurant. Breakfast here is different and delicious. You missed out. Folks who come down stairs smelling the aromas and passing by me preparing their food get a sneak peak of what's for breakfast. Often they are in the fuzzy socks and wrapped in the robes we provide--it reminds me of when I spent all those nights at my grandma's and she would be at the stove. She loved caring for us through food--I feel the same way about my guests! So hopefully we are clarifying some questions that will make more sense as people are choosing their suites or the Inn for them for that matter. If you have preferences or special needs call or email me and I will talk you through the pros and cons of each suite/location in the Inn. This place is awesome, and quirky and so are the people who live here. We have fun. We hope you will too!! So look at the photos--not professional--I'm still learning how to keep my thumb off the camera in my iPad, but I think they'll give you a great idea of what to truly expect.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is an adorable B&B tucked away on a quiet residential street in Versailles, KY. If you are looking for some peace and quiet, this is for you. The inn is quaint and historic in sleepy Versailles. The rooms were all large and nicely decorated. It was a slow weekend, so we were able to peak in many of the rooms to see what they looked like. Each room had a large bath with jacuzzi tub and antique furniture. Each room was also uniquely decorated and very clean.

We stayed in the main house, although there were rooms in an addition that had private entrances. The rooms were cozy and private. The inn keepers were pleasant and the breakfast was delicious. We were served a waffle with enough fruit on it to be its own fruit parfait. There was also coffee and eggs cooked to order. At checkin, we were shown the dining room that included snack and drinks. There were several refrigerators for guest use also. It was very welcoming.

Overall it was a great weekend getaway. The inn is reasonably priced, excellent food, pleasant inn keepers, good service, nice decor and very clean.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2010

I found the Montgomery Inn not only exceeded my expectations but left me with a need to return to Kentucky. I found the accommodations good - not great - but the food, atmosphere, homey feeling, kindness and over zealous need to please us and make our stay as comfortable as possible made this and EXCELLENT rating in my book. I have stayed at 5* resorts and several B&B's all over the world and nothing can compare to this experience. I will go out of my way to recommend this property and I can only hope I get the pleasure of returning sometime soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2010

My 3 best friends and I absolutely loved staying at the Montgomery Inn. They treated us like family. The food was unbelieveable and they worked around our busy schedule, pampering us and making us want to return to our 2nd home!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank FTNSPLUS
Also consider these accommodations in or near Versailles
Hampton Inn Lexington South-Keeneland/Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lexington Northeast
Charred Oaks Inn
Charred Oaks Inn
#3 of 7 in Versailles

Been to Montgomery Inn BnB? Share your experiences!