“Watching Wonderful Woodford”

Woodford Theatre
Ranked #8 of 25 things to do in Versailles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Woodford Theatre produces the highest quality live theatre possible, working to create a theatrical experience that inspires and educates the Bluegrass and beyond!
Reviewed May 25, 2015 via mobile

We went to this local gem of theatre on Saturday night of the last weekend for " Ain't Misbehavin'". It was the first visit to the venue for both of us, but not our last. The seating capacity was greater than envisioned, curving around the front of the curved stage; as close to theatre-in-the- round as I have experienced without being in the same. Our seats were excellent, but I perceived all seats as being as good. The musical itself was presented quite well, with all performers performing better than local talent might be guessed, both in singing and artistic moves, i. e. dancing. The production probably had more numbers in it than I could comfortably enjoy to the end, since no major plot was present, taking place in a prohibition era saloon/dancehall serving illegal alcohol. I will return for other future productions such as "Calendar Girls". The entire building, along with its location, enhances the experience for everyone.

1  Thank Larry D
"play"
in 3 reviews
"lexington"

Reviewed April 21, 2015

I have been to the best theatres all over the world. London, New York, Los Angeles, season ticket holders at Stratford Shakespeare Festival, in Ontario, Actors Studio in Louisville. Saw Chorus Line 9 times, Les Miz 7 all in different cities.Years ago had front row seats for Richard Burton in Equus on Broadway. Not bragging...just want the reader to know that I have seen lots of very very fine theatre.

Believe me, you will enjoy this little local theatre company and the professionalism of their performances. My wife and I never attend a performance that on the way home we do not remark....." I can't believe the quality of theatre in this little town in Kentucky.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do and support it proportionately.

2  Thank racehorses
Reviewed April 9, 2015

This theater was and is a labor of love for Woodford countians. The theater is located at Falling Springs Recreation Center which is another community endeavor. The quality of the performers is amazing for a small community theater. The people who work behind the scenes to pull it all together are fabulous & go to great lengths to preserve the integrity of the show. The directors are so talented & draw out the strengths of each actor. Tickets are reasonable & there isn't a bad seat in the house.

1  Thank Gayle G
Reviewed December 2, 2014

Woodford Theatre manages to recruit a lot of talent for their production. it is a small theater but some of their performances are big theater quality. I have tickets for Thursday night and am really looking forward to attending.

1  Thank BluegrassAnne