“Amazing Breakfast”
Review of CastlePost

CastlePost
Ranked #14 of 47 Restaurants in Versailles
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The breakfast at Castle Post was absolutely amazing. Our waiter, Kyle, checked on us often, was so polite and kind. He talked us through all the different options and gave us his own suggestions when asked. We always had full coffee and water. Scott, a manager, was also amazing, checking on us often and making sure everything was to our liking. The Scotch Egg was to die for, I have NEVER had a better breakfast in my 30 years, and am already sad I don't live closer LOL. The poached eggs and toast are also first rate, with the cherry jam being my favorite toppings.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

We enjoyed celebrating a birthday here recently. Our party of 6 gathered in the bar, had a few drinks and enjoyed chatting with the bartender and owners son. We were given a choice of the dining room or a small "snug" room in the bar area. We chose the bar area, which has beautiful wood paneling and sleek horse photography. We were very comfy in our spot and were able to enjoy each others company here without worrying about bothering other tables. I would suggest some candles and flowers though to bring this room and the bar to life more.

We started with a charcuterie platter and garden bruschetta for the table, which was very good - everything local. Almost everyone had a salad. Mine was excellent and was a highlight of my entire meal. It featured a spring greens and goat cheese brûlée - makes me drool to think about it! Two of our party ordered a kale salad, but there was no kale actually in the salad, but they failed to mention this before serving. Not a huge problem, but not what was ordered. We didn't mention it to the server. For entrees, we ordered the chicken roulade, rainbow trout and seasonal lamb - all seemed to love their dishes. I ordered the lamb at medium and while it was a slightly dry, I would say that is my fault, as they recommended it to be ordered rare. Desserts were delicious - creme brûlée, pot de chocolate and 2 different gelato/ice creams. The berry gelato was like eating summer. All were delicious. And they were nice enough to place a candle in the dessert. Our server was very attentive and did a great job with our large table.

There's so much going on at the Castle Farm - a new farmer's market, their garden and farm area, weddings, hotel, etc. We look forward to going back and experiencing more as they grow.

Reviewed May 28, 2018

Now called the Kentucky Castle (under new ownership). We visited for a tour of the hotel (the castle is 14 rooms/suites) and lunch. Enjoyed seeing the beautiful rooms and hearing the history. Lunch was good, but not spectacular. Overall very glad we did this. Would love to go sometime for a bourbon tasting and spend a night there.

Reviewed May 16, 2018

We ate dinner here to celebrate my wife's birthday. We invited 5 family/friends to join us. They usually only seat smaller groups together due to size of the restaurant but were overly willing to accommodate us since we called ahead and make a special request a few weeks in advance.

From the beginning we were totally impressed with every aspect of our experience. The service from Kaleb and Kyle was top notch, they described every menu item we had questions about, told us where it was sourced and what they recommended as combinations or just choices overall.

The bread served before the appetizer/meals was from a local bakery in Lexington which was perfect. We, as a group, requested more after devouring our first supply.

Appetizers included salads with fresh greens, fruit, bruleed goat cheese, nuts and honey. Stuffed mushrooms, bruschetta and a charcuterie plate rounded out our choices. Needless to say there was nothing left when the appetizers arrived. A secret menu combo I recommend...take the bruleed goat cheese and honey from the salad and if there is any left, spread it on a piece of the warm bread from the basket provided. Absolutely unbelievable!

The special that night was a porkchop with purple coconut potatoes, ordered by two of our guests. My wife ordered the filet and I had the Burger. We all took the time to cut small portions from each of our meals and share them with others at the table who were interested in sampling the entree options. Everyone at the table, even with varied palates, were overly impressed with the quality and freshness of the food choices.

We did not have dessert due to the fact we had chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us upstairs, but regardless we were nearly to full to eat another bite once the entrees were over anyway.

The following morning I had french toast with strawberry cream cheese and fresh fruit plus bacon. The meal was perfect and I am already looking forward to it next time.

I have eaten at a lot of well established, popular and high quality restaurants, this one provides its own unique flair, atmosphere and enjoyment that cannot be replicated. I would strongly recommend it to any locals interested in trying it out and would be willing to say its worth the drive to others. We will definitely be back, looking forward to it already.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

I went in for a drink at the bar and met the most lovely people. From the managers to the servers, everyone made me feel at home. The food was outstanding. The chef really knows what he is doing. I will definitely come back!