A Storybook Inn
$129
$119
Residence Inn
Great 4.5/5
Best Western Lawrenceburg Inn(Lawrenceburg)(Great Value!)
$105
The Woodford Inn(Versailles)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmy husband and ieach morningattention to detailb bcasablanca roomselect registryfresh flowersthe ownersconesbed and breakfaststory booklexington areahorse farmswind roomfull kitchenguest housecould not have been more
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 28, 2012

First of all, I am NOT a B&B type person. But my 3 sisters are. We gathered from California, Virginia and West Virginia for the first Christmas we have all been together in years. What an amazing place. Elise is a master of her craft of inn keeping. We stayed in the guest house so we would have a place to gather and not bother others (we can be a little loud when we all start talking at the same time!) This 3 bedroom HOME was perfect. Well appointed kitchen (in case we chose to cook), the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in, fantastic furniture, air-jet tubs in all 3 bathrooms, and the decorations for the holiday were perfect! It is an easy walk to the restaurants and shops of Versailles. Even in the dead of winter the grounds were beautiful.

Now on to breakfast...there are simply not the words to describe it. Fresh fruit, freshly squeezed OJ, the best bacon I have ever had in my life in addition to a delicious breakfast dish that I didn't get the name of with asparagus and cajun sweet potatoes. The second day I had french toast so fantastic I thought I had died and gone to heaven.

Thank you Elise and staff (Sarah...you are the sweetest thing!) We are planning a return trip.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank horsinaroundwv
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I took my mother to the Storybook Inn for their Christmas Tea. It was easily the best I've ever been to. The rooms - living room, hallway, conservatory- were beautifully and cleverly decorated for the holidays. Everywhere you looked you saw little touches that added to the overall ambience. The food was delicious and well presented. I had Earl Grey and my mother the orange cinnamon tea. Both were very good, but I would've liked to have more of a selection. My only other negative comment was being tucked away, the two of us, in the living room by ourselves. Away from the revelry of the other guests. The food was plentiful and beautifully presented. A top notch class act. I would love to go back and stay sometime when it's warm enough to enjoy the grounds which looked beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

First of all, the grounds of this circa 1830 estate are restful, quiet & peaceful. A Storybook Inn itself is absolutely beautiful with lush, yet comforting public rooms on the first floor, a gorgeous conservatory in which to partake of breakfast or afternoon teas when offered (Christmas as example). The second floor suites are wonderfully themed from films and decor is chosen to reflect the theme of each suite. The suites (we stayed in the 'Casablanca' Suite) not only have charm, but the utmost in comfort with access to a refrigerator, coffee/tea station, and snacks on the floor and wonderfully comfortable beds, fine linens, and plenty of room with sitting areas to relax with a book, a drink or watch TV or a DVD/Video.

Now to the ultimate breakfasts! The delicious breakfasts are organic & as healthy as they come. The food is outstanding, at least everyday we were there (4 days) with the best breakfasts one could imagine! Much of the food contents are from local farms/vendors and the selection is awesome! Relax, indulge & look over the gardens from the conservatory, bathed in sunlight.

We have traveled & stayed in some fine hotels & B&B's in the US and the UK, but this is the best B&B in which we have ever stayed in the US. It is in the midst of horse country, amid the rolling hills of beautiful Kentucky near Lexington. There are many historic sites to explore, villages of shops (also antiques) and restaurants in which to indulge yourself.

Although we didn't have the time, Elise can also arrange a massage for you as well as dinner reservations at local restaurants. I may be forgetting some of their amenities, so it is best to check the website for A Storybook Inn.

Lastly, the staff is excellent. The Innkeeper, Elise, does a splendid job and is the epitome of Southern charm and warmth. The rest of the staff along with Elise will be sure to make you feel nurtured and rested and their pride in A Storybook Inn shows in their faces & actions. This is a place of warmth, comfort & a respite from the world and I cannot highly recommend a stay at A Storybook Inn in the countryside of Kentucky!

Room Tip: The Casablanca Suite was on the second floor and a good size complete with a sofa & chair at the foot of the bed and a cabinet which held the TV/DVD player. This room faced East and the sun setting & coming in the three windows in the morning with a view of treetops and birds was wonderful! But there are larger suites and even smaller ones, as well as a 3 bedroom, 3 bath house in the rear of the property for even more privacy (next to the old carriage house/garage). Pick a suite that suits your needs--this is an unforgettable experience!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Please DO NOT HESITATE to make your reservations and stay at A Storybook Inn if you are in the Lexington area. The attention to detail, level of service and wonderful dining are just the start of what we experienced. Elise, Veronica and the staff made a stress-filled previous 3 months melt away upon arrival. It is our new destination location when visiting the Blue Grass State!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

A Storybook Inn is named perfectly. This is a charming B&B. It has been beautifully restored and updated. It is extremely well maintained and many details have been met. The rooms are beautifully decorated with warmth and flare. Elise, the owner, brings her own warmth and flare as well. She is committed to providing her guest with the hospitality of Kentucky. You will absolutely drool over the breakfast she prepares. We loved our stay and we were just so comfortable there. This is a B&B you don't want to miss if you are anywhere near Versailles.
You will come away with wonderful memories of great joy and pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple