A Storybook Inn
$159
$135
Priceline
$60
Best Western Parkside Inn(Frankfort)(Great Value!)
$102
BestWestern.com
$139
Comfort Suites(Lexington)
ComfortSuites
$99
Fairfield Inn
All reviewsmy husband and ieach morningattention to detailcasablanca roomselect registryfresh flowersthe ownersconesbed and breakfaststory booklexington areahorse farmswind roomfull kitchenguest housecould not have been moreover the top
Reviewed September 27, 2011

When you enter the private grounds of STORYBOOK INN, you seemingly enter another "Era"...a fully renovated stately southern mansion with beauty and charm that visually says "Welcome". Our family has lived in and travelled to many world spots and stayed at the very best Hotels and Inns. STORYBOOK INN provides amenities, details, personal service and attention that give this Inn an edge as a five star facility. The Owner and Innkeeper, Elise Buckley, is delightful, gregarious, interested in healthy foods, the good life and truly knows her "hometown" of Lexington. She, in herself, is a genuine "Storybook". Your first time at STORYBOOK INN will be the start of a new "INN" love affair. We have been guests at STORYBOOK more than twenty times. Sincerely, Dee and Al

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alfred W
AStorybookInn, Owner at A Storybook Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2011

Al and Dee...
Loved having you as usual. You are not only my guests but have become my dear friends over the years that you have stayed at Storybook.
You are a delight. I always smile a big smile when I see your number on the phone.
Many blessings!
Elise

Reviewed September 27, 2011

My guy and I just experienced our first weekend get away together and what a wonderful experience. We've never stayed in a B&B and I'm afaid we will be spoiled to this place when searching in the future for places to stay. A beautiful inn with wonderful hospitality and great breakfast meals! The town of Versailles is also very charming and was nice to get out and see the community. You won't be disappointed if you stay here! Very memorable!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Casa Blanca which was not too feminine. My guy really enjoyed the room and I did too!
1  Thank Tammy O

Thank you, Tammy, for that wonderful review. It was a pleasure to serve you. Please come see us again!

Elise, Owner

Reviewed September 19, 2011

"What a fantastic experience! From beginning to the end, everyone was accomodating and helpful. All our needs were met, and then sum. We certainly could not be considered the most verbal customers; however, your staff strived to anticipate our needs and then meet those needs to make our stay as pleasant as possible. We felt like royalty this weekend and certainly my wife deserved it. The Inn was spotless and everything from the paint, trim carpentry, luxurious rooms, to the colorful gardens left us in awe and created an enviroment which allowed us to set aside the pressing demands of life in South Carolina and enjoy being pampered.
Thank you Storybook for a Wonderful Weekend!! Y'all (as we say it here in the South) define hospitality!"

-R.M. & J.M. Greenville, SC

1  Thank 636RussellFM

What a beautifully expressed review! Thank you for your kind words.

With guests as winsome as you two, it is easy to show gracious hospitality.
Please come see us again!

Elise, Owner

Reviewed September 11, 2011

For our one year anniversary, my boyfriend surprised me with a weekend at the Storybook Inn. What a wonderful gift. My first stay at a Bed & Breakfast and I am now spoiled for any other. We stayed in the “Somewhere In Time” suite. It was spacious, beautifully decorated and immaculate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The grounds were beautiful. If it hadn’t been 100 degrees outside, we would’ve spent some time out by the pond. We have decided that the Storybook Inn will be our destination every year for our anniversary. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

1  Thank Kristin M
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My wife and I came here to celebrate our wedding anniversary with a weekend getaway. We were given a pleasant greeting by the innkeeper (Tamara) and a tour of the house and amenities. The house has been completely renovated to provide all the amenities you would find in an upscale hotel but coupled with the warm ambience of a southern estate. We stayed in the Casablanca Room which is appropriately named as the decor matches the movie theme. We sampled some of the complimentary wine which was delicious.

The bed was incredibly comfortable (made us realize we need to replace our mattress at home) and we had a relaxing stay. We opted for the late breakfast (9:30 a.m.) and enjoyed berries, warm banana bread, farm fresh cheesey scrambled eggs with scallions, banana pecan cinnamon french toast, and bacon. All were delicious!!

We continued our morning with a stroll outside to enjoy the sounds of the pond waterfall and the beautiful gardens.

This is a world class bed and breakfast experience. For anyone looking to visit Lexington, I highly recommend A Storybook Inn. It is close to Keeneland Race Track and for those looking to hit the Bourbon Trail.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael C

Hi Michael,
After reading your thorough and delightful review, I want to go stay at Storybook!

I, Elise, the owner and designer, loved putting together an inn that I would want to stay at, with wonderful mattresses and fresh, delicious, mult-course breakfasts and tastefully appointed elegant but comfortable decor and tranquil garden areas.

Thank you for your thoughtful and beautiful review!
Elise