“Always a unique dining experience”
Review of The Glitz

The Glitz
Ranked #5 of 44 Restaurants in Versailles
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Glitz Restaurant located in Irish Acres Gallery in Nonesuch, KY serves a three course luncheon. Prepared fresh daily using the highest quality ingredients, the Glitz menu changes tri-weekly, according to the bounty of the season!
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Food is creative and delicious. Portions are not huge but we are always full after app, entree and dessert with hazelnut coffee. Unique atmosphere - truly a lovely and tasteful decor. Fabulous girls' day out.

1  Thank Caryn B

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This is a magical place and the food is very good. The only reason I didn't give it all five stars is because the men in our foursome thought the fixed price ($21.95) was too much for the small portions of food served. That said, I have to admit that The Glitz is much better suited for the female diner (and about 90%, it seemed, are women)...to us, the portions were fine....but maybe it is a little pricey. When we first came here 5 years ago the price was $14.95. It is a fixed menu, but but there are two or three choices per course (appetizer, entree, dessert) with a flute of spiced apple beverage to start. The signature dessert is the "Nonesuch Kiss"... A baked meringue shell filled with jamoca ice cream, hot fudge sauce, toasted slivered almonds, whipped cream and a cherry. Yummy!

2  Thank Pam N
Reviewed October 11, 2013

When I send a guest over to the Glitz, I always wish I could be there to see their reaction as they enter the door. Words can not describe how amazing it has been that the two ladies have put so much together in one building. The food is above and beyond delicious, it is heavenly. I wish I were there today as I write this!

1  Thank Innkeepersince94
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I LOVE the Glitz! Did I say, I absolutely LOVE the Glitz! I went on a road trip with a few of my favorite friends and one of them had suggested the Glitz. Not knowing what to expect, as it was the first time for all of us, we were looking for--well, not sure what we were looking for, but not the Southern Plantation look that welcomed us as we drove up. Could we be in the wrong place? When we opened the door, the WOW factor hit us in the face. Talk about Shock and Awe! Irish Acres is home to the Glitz and it is a magnificent antique shop. After walking through the antique halls, our reservation was ready and we proceeded to the Glitz. The atmosphere is breathtaking! The place is decorated beyond explanation.
We each chose from the three appetizers, two entrees and three dessert menu, selecting different things so we could share the taste. Not only was the food exceptional, but the presentation matched the elegance and grace of all of Irish Acres.
Close enough for a day trip from Cincinnati, Louisville, Indy and anyone driving through the state of KY needs to make their way to the Glitz! Worth the time. I have reservations for two more visits, just to share with more friends and family.

1  Thank pstirnkorb1
Reviewed September 3, 2013

What more could you possibly ask for under one roof? This whimsical and gourmet restaurant is owned by two sisters who know what makes a successful business. The old school house is transformed into a magically decorated restaurant with delicious food, atmosphere, and excellent service. The staff is friendly and efficient. The menu changes every two weeks and offers two selections of appetizers, entrée, and dessert. We were pleased with our selections. The desserts were fabulous. After the excellent dining experience, you need to browse through the two story building and escape into the past touring the showrooms of numerous antiques. In addition to the older items, there are many new and gorgeous pieces of jewelry and accessories. Any man who would like bonus points with his special lady, needs to either get a gift certificate from this shop or personally pick out something glitzy. The staff is very helpful with gift selections. This establishment is such a surprising experience. I cannot wait to revisit it in the near future. Well, of course, I bought something!!!

Been to The Glitz? Share your experiences!