“FUN !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 42 Restaurants in Versailles
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: The Glitz Restaurant located in Irish Acres Gallery in Nonesuch, KY serves a three course luncheon. Prepared fresh daily using the highest quality ingredients, the Glitz menu changes bi-weekly, according to the bounty of the season!
Roselle, Illinois
“FUN !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

This was a great experience !! The food reminded us of many places in Europe. The food was the proper portions,and at a great price. It was like being back in the UK for a tea. Or being in the south of France on a beautiful afternoon. So happy ! We will be back
Chicago.

• Visited May 2012

Frankfort, Kentucky
“Yawn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

If your idea of a good time is driving for miles (on untreated stretches of highway) and paying exhorbitant prices for food that wouldn't fill an anorexic, this is your place. The portions are laughable--but you won't be laughing when the check comes.

Visited December 2011
4 Thank Donnie H
Lexington, Kentucky
“The Glitz always puts you in a holiday spirit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

The Glitz is an annual trip(s) for my friends and I, the retail portion is good but the food and experience is always great. You must try the nonesuch kiss!

Garner
“Wonderful Birthday Luncheon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

We went here for a brithday luncheon and we all enjoyed it soooo much! The food and atmosphere were wonderful. It was like being in another place and time, "Paris perhaps"
The "None such kiss" dessert was wonderful everyone needs to try this. I will definitley go back and take my girls with me, I'm sure they too will enjoy it as I did.

• Visited November 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
“For a family owned business, they put little stock in the word!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

We made going to the Glitz a family holiday tradition starting about 12 years ago. We all looked forward to taking out of town guests and going and shopping for the most unique home interiors and getting amazing design ideas. The food was always good, but it was the atmosohere that was truly enchanting. This year, we made our reservation and decided for the first time to bring our two young children so they could enjoy the beauty and the magic, which we were sure they would! When I called to make reservations, I was shocked and dismayed at the attitude of the lady on the phone, who informed us they would not accomodate high chairs and they provided no children's menu, they would be charged the standard $18 per lunch guest rate (this information was provided without me asking). Although I can sincerely understand any owner's hesitancy to accomodate young children when so many parents are unable or unwilling to ensure their children are respectful and well behaved, I am also greatly offended that the lady on the phone went to such measures to (subtly) announce that children were not welcome guests. As a parent who has never allowed a child to carry on in a restaurant, destroy or disrupt property, or be unneccessarily noisy and disrupt other guests trying to enjoy themselves, I also feel if they genuinely feel this way, perhaps instead of being off-putting to long time patrons, they could simply advertise a child-free environment. I'm broken hearted that we cannot continue this tradition with the younger members of our family for a number of years. That being said, I'm not even sure that I will return to the Glitz then. A place I love so much has truly left a bitter taste in my mouth. Owners, remember it is your patrons that keep you in business, through repeat visits, as well as excellent (or not), word of mout reviews

• Visited December 2010
2 Thank RJJohnson504
foodiefirst, Owner at The Glitz, responded to this review, November 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience to Trip Advisor. We certainly appreciate your years of patronage and regret that you have been disappointed by your most recent phone
conversation with one of our staff. After speaking with our receptionist, we feel that there was some miscommunication. We are so sorry that our policies were perceived differently than intended.

As a family business, we do have to make hard decisions to set policies that are not only compliant with safety codes, but also ones that will accommodate a wide variety of customers. While it would be foolish of us to hope that we could be all things to all people, it is a goal that we work towards.

We are always happy to provide a booth for young children, but with the layout of our dining room, we cannot utilize high chairs. In fact, we have offered a children’s menu for the past eight years, designed by our daughter when she was seven years old. Many parents have their child interchange the children’s menu with the regular menu so they can begin to experience other tastes. Our desire is that they will not only enjoy the beauty and magic of the gallery, but additionally have a fine dining experience with their parents. Therefore, their menu is also served in the same three-course luncheon format for the same price 19.95 (all inclusive).

We would love nothing better that the chance to remove the “bitter taste” of your phone conversation and replace it with more “enchanting” memories. Hopefully you and your family will allow us that opportunity.

Emilie McCauley

Been to The Glitz? Share your experiences!