Big South Fork Motor Lodge
$67
Travelocity
Grand Vista Hotel(Huntsville)
$93
Big South Fork Lodge & Horse Campground(Jamestown)(Great Value!)
$75
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
$66
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 2, 2011

The lady at check in was super friendly and helpful in finding places to eat. I loved the nightly sweet treats. Room was basic, but clean. Pool was nice and we were the only ones swimming everytime we went. Big South Fork Railroad was a must see close by. Just beware of the bugs when hiking and take lots of bug spray in the summer!!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank danandjennytravels
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I've been doing some work up in the rural areas of Stearns, Kentucky for about 10 years. I always stayed at the "newer" hotel down the road. The "newer" hotel was once a Holiday Inn, then a Best Western, and now has a new name that I couldn't find on the internet. I heard it was bought by someone overseas...which might be why the care at the "newer" hotel has really gone downhill over the years, but the price kept going up....so I decided to try somewhere else.

I had always heard good things about the hospitality at the Big South Motor Lodge, and decided to give it a try. It's the first time, in a long time, that I stayed in a hotel that you walk into your room from the outside. It reminded me of the places I used to stay as a kid. It was basic, but very clean, spacious, and even had a mini kitchen, (microwave, stove top, refrigerator and extra sink.) The rooms were reasonably priced and were super close to town.

-When in town, make sure you visit "The Dairy Bar" diner. It's changed very little since it opened in the 60's. The food is great, the atmosphere is fun and I always visit when I am in town.

From what I understand, 2 sisters run the Motor Lodge....and they couldn't be nicer. One of them runs the candy/fudge shop in town, which might be why we had such nice complimentary pastries in the evenings. Homemade brownies were on the menu this past weekend.

I am giving them an excellent rating because the hospitality was great, the rooms were very clean and because we had a lovely time. We will be back!!! I found my "new" favorite hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
10  Thank europetraveler7
Reviewed November 12, 2010

This hotel is a family owned and operated gem. The owners are there and they take good care of the motel and it's guests. She even offers fresh baked goods everyday. This motel is not fancy, but if you want a clean room, with good wi-fi, in a good location - this is it!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends