“Don't waste your time”

Barthell Coal Camp Private Tours
Ranked #4 of 5 things to do in Stearns
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My daughter and I had a couple hours to spare so we went on an adventure to find this place and see what it had to offer. This attraction is way out in the middle of no where and is hard to find. I typically don't mind that so much but when we got there we were quite surprised at the attitude we encountered. The staff was quite rude and said that they only did the tours every 2 hours. There is nothing to see outside of their guided tours. Given that we were there 30 minutes after a tour was scheduled and there were NO cars in the parking lot I was shocked that they wanted us to wait 90 minutes doing nothing before the tour. Their pricing is $15/person for their museum and $15/person for their mine tour. Since we obviously didn't wait the 90 minutes I can't say if it would have been worth $30/person but from what I experienced in the greeting area and saw from outside I would say probably not. I would recommend against visiting this place.

4  Thank John P