“All around EXCELLENT”

The Bluebird
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Stanford
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Bluebird is a Farm to Table restaurant featuring Marksbury meats and locally grown veggies from local farmers in the area. We pride ourselves on serving the freshest and most local ingredients to ensure the quality of the items we provide to our guests. Our open kitchen, friendly atmosphere and thoughtful wait staff serves to welcome our guests with open arms, each and every time they walk through the door. The Bluebird has partnered with Marksbury Farm, First Southern National Bank, Wilderness Road Guest Houses and Rooms, and Kentucky Soaps & Such to form The Stanford Stewardship Group. Our goal is to promote local businesses, revitalize Main Street, and support a sustainable future by being stewards of the Earth. Eat Bluebird: Local. Natural. Pure.
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I've been to the Bluebird a couple of times now, and plan to go back for sure! The food is OUTSTANDING, the atmosphere inviting and the service was excellent. Agree with Betty C, the breakfast is out of this world.

There are newer reviews for The Bluebird

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Home grown, meat and veggie. Homemade Bread and desserts. Great Chef Bill Hawkins. Breakfast out of this world. A must eat there place,

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Im so glad to see craft food in central ky!

The monotony of prefab food is disgusting on the road.... they even make their own breads!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family's experience at the Bluebird was excellent! Servers were very attentive and friendly. Our large party of 10 was more than satisfied with our food! I had the Chicken BLT and it was great. The portion was more than enough for me. The tomato soup was the best I have ever had! The lunch menu has a lot to choose from. Soup and sandwich specials change daily. We were all full, but I had to try the cookie sandwich. It was very tasty. There are tables, booths and a counter where you can watch the chefs cook in front of you. After your meal make sure you visit the oldest active Main Street in the U.S.

1  Thank LakelandLady87
Reviewed July 9, 2012

While getting food from kitchen to table was not speedy quick, the chicken "tenders" were small kid hand sized and hand battered and tastey and 4 year old boy approved.
The PBJ for my other twin 4 year old daughter arrived grilled and got a confused face from her, and she ate sparingly as she is picky. Chips were fresh and homemade cripsy potato rounds. Waiter was attentive. Note; ask for no grill for picky kids and PBJ's gourmet style.
The BLT with grilled chicken was good. Shared by myself and 8 year old. The chicken was a modest portion (great by my standards based on the overy huge portions at most retail restaurants give out) and the ingredients fresh, bacon large and tastey.
Suggestions: Make reservations at Bluebird for lunch plans between 11:30-1:30 pm for quicker seating , they were really hopping on Monday before summer July 4 holiday. Wait time was 30 minutes for table for 6. Sandwich was $8, drinks are about $1.50 I think. Kids plate is just below $5. I bought two adult lunch entrees, 3 kids drinks, kids chicken strips/fried, PBJ/chips and 2 waters... bill approached $33 including tip. I gave atmosphere average.. due to noise level (accoustics in blg).