“Superb Innkeepers” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Michigan
“Superb Innkeepers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2009

This is a not-to-be-missed Bed and Breakfast - a highlight of Kentucky hospitality! The warmth, grace and beauty offered at this historic inn is unmatched. Can't wait for an opportunity to revisit them!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2009

This bed and breakfast is one of the most attractive, pleasant, and peaceful places one might stay. Worth every penny in terms of service, room size and amenities. You will feel welcome and comfortable every minute of your stay at the Maple Hill Manor. A true country getaway that we recommend to everyone. Todd and Tyler's place is just perfect.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

My husband and I just got back from a two night stay, the property is beautiful, we felt like we were visiting relatives. The innkeepers went above and beyond to assist us. We wanted for nothing, they even have great dogs you can hang out with if you miss your own. The treats were plentiful...and delicious. The breakfasts were to die for, I also had a massage and it was amazing. This trip was so relaxing, near Maker's Mark if you want to tour the distillery. All an all it was perfect...cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, OH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

Maple Hill Manor is much more than a beautiful, historic bed and breakfast. It is a destination where memories and friends are made - all in a weekend. Our stay far exceeded our expectations. No detail is overlooked by the innkeepers. And no breakfast can match what is elegantly presented each morning. Graciousness is their hallmark; excellence is their standard. Relaxation and personal restoration at its best. We made plans to return in the fall before leaving the grounds!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Brooks, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2009

Is there a better word for perfect? Me and the girlfriends stayed at this beautiful B & B in April and cannot tell you how perfect it was. Everything is catered to you. We were humbly greeted at the door by Todd, who is probably the nicest person I've ever met. It's almost too unreal how you are treated here. It's like you are getting a massage the whole time you're there. Todd never makes you feel like he's got something else to do when he is answering your questions. He will stay until everything is answered and would then ask if there was anything he could do for us. He would ask that everytime we seen him, which was very nice. You really never get treated this way anymore and it's like you are in another world, like the world you want to be in.

Anyway, enough about Todd. Tyler is mainly the gourmet chef. He's nice, and "witty" is good word for him. He also would stop anything and everything to answer our questions, which was mostly, "How do you get here?" His cooking is tasty and delicious.

OMG! The beds! I swear when you lay in them, you sink about 2 ft down in them. They are so comfortable, I slept like a baby. Except for the first night when a ghost hit my door as loud you could probably hit a door at 5 am. Just kidding, I was probably dreaming.

The horse, I think her name is Penny, is so loveable. All she wants is your attention.

Simply put, you feel like royalty here. Can anything really be this perfect? Really?

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

We were looking for a one night anniversary escape and found it at the Maple Hill Manor. We stayed in the 2nd floor Lincoln Library room and found it to be very spacious. Their website accurately depicts the B&B. We were greeted warmly by Todd and absolutely loved the beauty of this old house which has lovingly been preserved by Todd and Tyler. We also really enjoyed learning more about the Alpacas on their land! Tyler's breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed our conversation with the other guests. Would recommend this lovely B&B to folks looking for a quiet get away.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2009

Last week I had the pleasure of staying at the Maple HIll Manor. This B&B has been forever engrained in my memory. My boyfriend just surprised me with a "little getaway"
as he called it. I was not allowed to know anything about where we were going or what we were doing. I honestly didn't care where we went because I just wanted us to be together. This was a very special trip for us because we have just found each other again after over 4 1/2 years of being absent from each others lives. We became re- aquainted last month after I had sent him a message about one of our mutual friend passing. And I never could have imagined that all this could come from that. I was surprised how quickly we picked up right where we had left off almost 5 years ago. And how easily we just fell right back in love! We took many "little getaways" when we were together before but this was our first trip since we re-discovered each other. He just moved back to Cincinnati from Georgia the same day we stayed at Maple Hill. He stopped to check us in at the B&B in the middle of his 10 hour moving drive home. (still driving the UHAUL). He ran around Lexington for 4 hours finding my favorite flowers and cheese and wine. He even wrote me a poem and had it framed and lying on the dresser when I entered the room that night. You could have knocked me over with a feather. I have never been treated like such a lady. He was so incredibly thoughtful and our room was beautiful beyond words. The home was immaculately appointed with antique furniture and outside we were surrounded with lavish country views. Not to mention the animals and their comical personalities! I am just so blown away with the time and attention that the inn keepers Todd and Tyler pay to the home and the animals and most of all the guests. The breakfast was beyond delicious and so creative. I was just delighted to have such a wonderful meal and two fun hosts to go along with it. I really loved everything this home away from home had to offer. I highly reccommend anyone to stay here and find out for yourselves how amazing this place is. Thank you Todd and Tyler for making our first trip back together such an amazing one. . We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Candis Rigney and Mike DeLella

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Springfield
General Nelson Inn
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 8 in Bardstown
Bourbon Manor Bed & Breakfast

Been to 1851 Historic Maple Hill Manor Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!