“Good room”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel was very good room was clean although beds were sort of on the small side I was comfortable .. Service was ok we had a fast check in and check out was there only one night and was a basic room and got a good nights sleep

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Brandon F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete the tripadvisor survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.Your feedback is very important to us and we can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed September 21, 2013

For the last 3 weeks, I have been traveling through Tennessee, Ohio, and Kentucky, and this motel has been the best. Everyone working here has been friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was average, and there were several options. Internet worked consistently, but it was not the highest speed that I have used; at least it didn't disconnect. I did not use the pool.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor near the exit (104). When I woke this morning after a great night...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Velda A
Brandon F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed here over the 2013 Labor Day weekend. The room itself was OK. The carpet had some stains in it that made me a little uneasy about walking in my bare feet, but the beds were comfortable and the A/C worked very well. I was a bit apprehensive about being next to a railroad track, but the train blew it's horn far before and far after the hotel. The rumbling of the locomotive was reduced by a noise abatement wall, so it was actually pleasant to sit on the back patio tables and eat breakfast.

Speaking of breakfast.... a tiny breakfast common area. No more than 12 feet wide with countertops all around and tables/chairs tightly crowded in the room. The kids playing tag (or some similar game) in there on the first day of my visit was totally unneccessary. I asked the parents if they could control the playing while people were getting breakfast, but got the "kids will be kids" response. You would always excusing yourself or someone excusing themselves as you baby stepped from the coffee to the food which consisted of make your own waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, biscuits, gravy, fruit (bananas, apples), several varieties of cereal, milk, coffee, juice. Overall the food quality was pretty good.

I enjoyed the pool. I overheard some kids complain it was too cold, but the water seemed perfect to me for doing laps. Coin laundry room, one washer and one dryer. Snack and drink machines, fitness room with one treadmill and a couple of exerciser bikes.

The staff was excellent. I had a couple of personal issues that needed attention and they got right on it and fixed them immediately.

There are a LOT of restaurant choices nearby, even within walking distance if you are prone to do that, like I am. There is a CVS pharmacy on one side (across the vacant lot), an Arbys restaurant on the other side and a K-mart and grocery store around the corner (about a mile).

The only real drawback at this hotel is that everything smelled of cigarette smoke. I guess you can't keep it from permeating even the non-smoking rooms/areas. When I arrived home, I needed to wash everything in my suitcase... even the clothing I didn't wear or bought new, as it all smelled like cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: Currently, there is a vacant lot and no parking spaces on the south side of the hotel, so the noise...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Brandon F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We work very hard to make sure everybody that stays with us has a clean comfortable room at a great price. We hope to see you back again real soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Due to unforeseen circumstances we ended up in this hotel. And were we surprised. The room was spacious. The bed to very comfortable. Everything was clean and in good working order. I didn't feel like I had to wear shoes on the carpeting. The only complaint I have is the pillow thing, that I have with most hotels in this price point. Why do we have to have 4 small little pillows on a king size bed. I would love to have 2 king sized firm pillows and be done with it. I can't tell you about the breakfast, we got in late and slept late so we didn't get any. The staff was great.

Room Tip: The end room on the first floor is huge.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you stay with us and we cant wait to have you back.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great place to stay at a great price. Hotel was very clean and staff were really nice and helpful. We had a really good sleep and the stay was relaxing. The free breakfast was good and hot. Very easy to find off of parkway and close to lots of shopping centers. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

So happy you had a great time in somerset and would like to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

I stay here everytime I come to somerset. The Staffs great the rooms clean. I always get a King bed with a hot tub. The rooms spacious. I love the breakfast there are a lot of choices, waffles, bagels yogurt fruit and biscuit and gravy . The pool at this hotel was the best I've seen its nice and spacious. My only complaint was the first time i stayed Some one smoked in the hallway which was not the staffs fault I ended up just putting towels around the bottom of my door . I really don't think its smart having smoking and non on the same floor bc this tends to happen. Quality inn close to things and I felt secure at the hotel which is important to me . Be ware there are train tracks behind the hotel but it didn't keep me up. I liked the bathroom it was spacious and made getting ready easier.

Room Tip: I like staying on the second floor because noone walking over your head.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Brandon F, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Quality Inn & Suites of Somerset. Our staff appreciates and enjoys every visitor we have and strive to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for taking the time to voice your appreciation for our staff and your stay, We would love to see you back again soon, so please call me if you need anything.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived after 7:00 PM and got the last room. It was a room in which smoking was permitted and Jennifer encouraged my husband to go have a look [he had requested a non-smoking room]. While the smoke odor was not overwhelming it was there. Because we were tired and hungry we agreed to take the room. Jennifer gave my husband a "Febreeze" type product did help some.

The room was clean [other than the smell of smoke] and quiet. We did not stay for the breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple