“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
KY
“TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed in a suite here last year on a honeymoon trip to Lake Cumberland area. Everything went well. We went back this year on our anniversary, 7-22-12, where I had a nonsmoking room reserved. Checked in, went to room and as soon as the door opened, the smoke smell was overpowering. It smelled nasty! There was no way we could stay in that room. Went directly back to front desk where "Courtney" was working. Explained. With no smile or apology, she matter of factly said, we are sold out. I said well you need to discount our room, it was my first thought. I didn't know if we could get another room in town, due to car shows. She said she can't. Only a manger could. I said ok get a manager. She said not one here. I asked well when does he work and was told some crap like Mon-Fri 9 to 5....right. Really? She said all she could do was put some kind of air cleaner in the room to which I replied, well you need to do something, and she she said well I can only do what you ask for me to do, is that what you want? (what does that mean?) I told her well when I said she needs to do something, she can take that as a YES PUT THE AIR CLEANER IN THE ROOM. She was really pissing me off at this point with her lack of concern and lack of apologetic skills as well as an overall bad attitude.
We went to room, I got a phone book and started calling other hotels. I found two with vacancies. About that time she showed up with air cleaner and told us we'd have to LEAVE while it was running that is was unsafe (?) I told her I was calling other hotels. She turned and walked out without a word. I said THANKS FOR THE APOLOGIES" The door slammed. What a rude piece of work. We checked out and she never offered any apology at that time or anything. Just sat there. We went to Hometown Suites across the street where we had a nicer room for the same price!! It is a shame, because that hotel is where we spent our honeymoon, but we won't be back now, thanks to the stinking room and the awful lack of customer service. Thanks Courtney. I guess minimum wage gave her a bad attitude.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Signal Mountain, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

Once a Holiday Inn Express, the Quality Inn in Somerset exceeds expectations for this usually budget brand. Expect a step up from the usual Quality Inn--sure, it's a bit worn but everything is functional, service adequate, indoor pool. good location at 80-27 intersection. They ran a special at $59 per night while I stayed, which made it a good value.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are away from US 27
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Bowling Green, KY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2011

I don't really have any complaints about this hotel, nor do I have any spectacular compliments. My husband and I stayed at the hotel for two nights in a king jacuzzi room...the room was clean and large, but the tub was a little smaller than we have seen in other hotels. Pool was large and nice. Overall, ok stay, but when we go back for the Somernites Cruise, we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Somerset, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great breakfast, Clean Room, bed was very comfortable!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here recently with a large group of families in town for a baseball tournament. I am extremely cautious about where I let my family stay, patricularly when booking over the internet. When we arrived, I could not have been more pleased. The staff was awesome, extremely accomodating to such a large group. Rooms are very clean and very nice especially for such a low price. Patio area outside pool is a nice gathering place. Location is very near waterpark and restaurants. There was no laundry facility on site.....so the manager offered to wash all the team uniforms! Then when our game was delayed, they allowed our kids to enjoy the pool even after we had checked out for the day. Continental breakfast was not just cereal and fruit...but a hot full breakfast. If ever in Somerset again, I will definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Fort Wayne, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed for one night in this hotel. This hotel looks nice, the lobby is inviting, and the pool area looked very nice! However, it is probably less than 50 feet from a 6 lane busy road, and the rooms on the front are so noisy that we had our TV and the air conditioner on high all night so that it muffled the traffic noise somewhat. We did ask if a room on the end was available, but all they had left were smoking rooms in the bit quieter sides, so we opted for noise over stench! It was a very ice room, just too noisy. The breakfast here is typical for Choice with a nice variety, and they had converted a hotel room to a breakfast room, so it was small but OK. I asked the young lady at the front desk if there were any local eateries, and she said no, just chains. We later went to the visitor center and learned there were 2 very good local places. Very interesting area. We would not stay here again, because we actually like to sleep, but if you do not mind noise the hotel would probably suit you very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2010

Rooms are clean. Bathrooms well kept. Smells good too. No problems checking in...loved staying here.

• Stayed June 2011