“Thanks Again!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Great breakfast, Clean Room, bed was very comfortable!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites

Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here recently with a large group of families in town for a baseball tournament. I am extremely cautious about where I let my family stay, patricularly when booking over the internet. When we arrived, I could not have been more pleased. The staff was awesome, extremely accomodating to such a large group. Rooms are very clean and very nice especially for such a low price. Patio area outside pool is a nice gathering place. Location is very near waterpark and restaurants. There was no laundry facility on site.....so the manager offered to wash all the team uniforms! Then when our game was delayed, they allowed our kids to enjoy the pool even after we had checked out for the day. Continental breakfast was not just cereal and fruit...but a hot full breakfast. If ever in Somerset again, I will definitely go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We stayed for one night in this hotel. This hotel looks nice, the lobby is inviting, and the pool area looked very nice! However, it is probably less than 50 feet from a 6 lane busy road, and the rooms on the front are so noisy that we had our TV and the air conditioner on high all night so that it muffled the traffic noise somewhat. We did ask if a room on the end was available, but all they had left were smoking rooms in the bit quieter sides, so we opted for noise over stench! It was a very ice room, just too noisy. The breakfast here is typical for Choice with a nice variety, and they had converted a hotel room to a breakfast room, so it was small but OK. I asked the young lady at the front desk if there were any local eateries, and she said no, just chains. We later went to the visitor center and learned there were 2 very good local places. Very interesting area. We would not stay here again, because we actually like to sleep, but if you do not mind noise the hotel would probably suit you very well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the end.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Rooms are clean. Bathrooms well kept. Smells good too. No problems checking in...loved staying here.

Reviewed June 16, 2010

We arrived in the middle of the night the staff was very fast to get us checked in and in a cozy bed after a long ride. Iwas passing thru on the way to ohio with my husband and parents. I am huge clean freak and i we usuallyly do not like to stay in hotel but this hotel was amazing. we stayed agian 3 days later on the way back home. We go to ohio every year in june and we will be stay there no doubt. The wonderful owner even gave us advice on a great resturant on the lake..

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank llins84
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I would not normally stay in a motel this nice for a single-night stay, but this is a Choice Hotels property and I'm a member of their rewards club and they have a promotion going to earn points for a restaurant gift card, so I spent a little more than I normally would. This was a very nice property. The room was very spacious and comfortable, and it came equipped with a refrigerator and microwave. I prefer exterior corridors with adjacent parking, but this hotel has interior corridors which I know that most prefer in this day and age, but I was able to park near my room and the door to the outside. My only complaint was that the wi-fi didn't work. I could barely get a signal with my laptop; in fact the signal from the Days Inn across the road was stronger than the Quality Inn signal (but wasn't useable). It was not a big deal, though; Somerset has 3G service from AT&T and I can tether my smartphone for speeds that are close to wi-fi speed. Breakfast was great -- sausage, gravy, biscuits, fried apples, make-your-own waffles plus continental breakfast items like muffins, cereal, etc. There was an indoor pool that looked inviting and the entire property was clean and well-kept. The staff was very friendly. They were training a new employee at the lobby both when I checked in and checked out and she got everything right. All and all, an excellent stay and this would be a wonderful place to stay if you are vacationing for several days in the Lake Cumberland area.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My family was recently in Somerset for a funeral. This Quality Inn was conveniently located to funeral home. I has traveling with an elderly relative and had my own young child along. We all felt the hotel was clean and inviting, the staff friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was well prepared and plentiful. My son loved the pool and the whirlpool was the most invigorating I've seen. I don't think you could go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family